“Dinner in Masterton ”

Lone Star Cafe Masterton
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Masterton
Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

One could be naive in thinking that as a chain you could expect consistency. It was the first time in my many travels around the country that I could conceivably be wrong. My dinner consisted of the mussels in a thai green curry broth an entree and this was superb on many levels but for the odd small crab and beard. My steak was perfectly cooked which as a meat lover is all you would want really. So after experience this can I conclude that the experience can be put down to the sum of its kitchen staff? The only way to test that was to follow this meal up and go again a couple of nights later which I did and it was.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

On Monday 23 July our family went to LoneStar for a double family birthday dinner.
We chose it as its kid friendly.
Staff that night excellent, very attentive. Not a busy night though.
Food great we all enjoyed what we ordered.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

An enjoyable lunch. Stand out customer service from Matt - he looked after our table well. He has the knack of talking directly to children. Food was great and we did not wait long for it. Keep up the great customer service Lone Star.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Lone Star Masterton is a big restaurant serving big meals. Service was fine. Meals good but not outstanding. They looked after the children well. Ribs are always a favourite. Glad we shared desserts as portions are generous.

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Having not heard great reports about Lone star only one way to find out !go visit.Well was quit imprest.Service was great steak was tender if not a little over done but I can live with that.A clean and friendly place.Recomend

Date of visit: May 2018