“Best breakfast...”

Ranked #8 of 57 Restaurants in Tynemouth
Price range: US$7 - US$53
Cuisines: International, British, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our Restaurant situated on the First Floor of ORA is open on evenings and weekends where you can enjoy our Full Menu along with Al Carte specials (available Thurs-Sun). Please feel free to view our choice of Menus below.
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I must say that the first few visits to this place weren't the best experience , this was when they first opened last year. I presume this was teething problems... Anyway now they seem much more efficient and for my partner and I this is by far one of the best full english breakfasts in miles that we've had. Great portions, great service, very tasty and reasonably priced.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,306)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Went for lunch today, and I must say the food was fantastic. Looked fab and tasted even better. Staff really cheery and friendly. Will defo be going again on an evening.

Date of visit: June 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I visit Ora almost every time I'm in the UK. The relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff make the dining experience relaxed and informal. The tapas deal is great value but I must say, the standard varies a little over the course of the week.
Best bet is to head over at the weekend and wander down front street afterwards; Ora is a great place to start the night. If there's a group of you, it's well worth booking the private dining area in the loft.
Will definitely be back again

Date of visit: March 2014
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Took a work colleague here yesterday morning.

I had the pancakes and bacon with syrup and my colleague had the vegetarian breakfast. The breakfast reminded me of the butterfly cabinet in Heaton which also does excellent breakfasts!

Food was really good. Nice relaxed atmosphere and we left feeling very full and ready for the day!

Never been before but definitely going back!

Date of visit: May 2014
1  Thank HardyGateshead
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Went here for breakfast today, and asked about the veggie breakfast as I'm protein intolerant due to a medical problem. We were told that they could do it without the eggs or beans, not a problem. However, when we asked if it was cooked separately we were informed that it was cooked on the same hot plate as all of the meat products. Not exactly what I would call veggie with all those meat juices and fats all over it.

Instead we ordered the toast. It arrived on a nice little wooden board thingy and we happily started to tuck in. Unfortunately I was less than impressed with the piece of RAW BACON stuck to the bottom of one slice.

The decor might be nice and the atmosphere relaxing, but when I go out to eat, its the food that counts. Definitely will NOT be going back to Ora again!

Date of visit: May 2014