“Monster Cod Dog warning”
Review of Allard's Lounge

Allard's Lounge
Ranked #12 of 55 Restaurants in Tynemouth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2018

Having not been to Allards since before their extension we decided to pay a visit for lunch on a weekday. Arriving just before midday, we were surprised to be told that orders could not be taken for another 20 minutes so that the kitchen could be prepared for lunch. So, ordering our drinks we settled down to make our choices, ravenous and hungrily watching the hands on the clock!
The menu offers a great selection at a good price and having decided what we were going to have we put in our order. The food arrived not long afterwards and all of us were astounded at the size of our portions which are certainly not for the faint hearted, maybe the cod dog should be renamed the "monster cod dog" as the proportions are certainly that. My companions both enjoyed theirs and couldn't manage anything else which says something. The only downside to our visit was the seating area, which could have done with being wiped and cleaned both on the seats and floor as both were covered in food debris. But, the service from the waitress was very good and all in all it was a lovely meal.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Back in March myself and my friends visited Allards for a Birthday lunch and drinks. We were extremely pleased with the food we ordered. The portions of tapas are amazing, we had so much food left and it was all at a reasonable price . The cocktails were made by Ben and they were all amazing to look at and tasted very fresh and fruity. We had mainly Gin based cocktails and they came in a variety of colours and flavours. Ben even came to check that everything was okay with them once we were settled and recommended which to try Next which was a lovely touch.
I would recommend trying this restaurant out for breakfast, lunch and dinner as we have been for all and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

One of our special treats is breakfast at Allard's. We'd advise to book ahead as it can get busy. There's a really good menu to choose from - my wife and daughter always go for the pancakes with bacon and maple syrup, whilst our son-in-law and me go for something different. The last visit we both chose the corned-beef hash and it was delicious and filling. On previous visits I've gone for the eggs benedict with spinach and again it was delicious. It's a really lovely place for that special different breakfast treat!

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Visited for breakfast with my husband and we were both really impressed with the 'healthy breakfast' menu selection....who said healthy has to be boring? The 'normal' breakfasts all sounded amazing too but we are trying to be good.
Anyway, I ordered sourdough topped with avocado, hot smoked salmon and poached egg. My husband went for the beef brisket bowl.
Both absolutely delicious.
We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Dropped in following a visit to tynemouth. Really busy, nice choices on the menu. Even though really busy food didn’t take to long. I had the veggie burger. V nice. My partner had a salad. Both nice.
Recommended