“Avoid if looking for a quick meal”

Michelangelo Bistrot
Ranked #460 of 601 Restaurants in Fiumicino
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My boyfriend and I stopped here while waiting for a flight last week. Luckily we weren't in a rush but we had to wait a very long time for food!
The food itself was very low quality and lacking taste considering it was pricey and the portion was small . We both had pasta dishes and my boyfriends meal had no taste at all, mine was a little better but I could of added more taste cooking it myself.

We had to pay 3.50 euros for a bottle of water and that was their cheapest drink on the menu! The water only stretched to a small glass for each of us.

The staff were quite miserable and seemed to have no urgency or interest in our custom. There were only a few tables in the restaurant area which surprised me considering the service was so slow .There was no pleasantries or effort to make us enjoy our visit so it really added to the bad experience I had there.

Don't waste your money on this place , you can easily go to cheaper places to eat around the airport and most likely tastier places!

3  Thank Laura M

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Restaurants in airports are usually reliable and quick. Coming to Rome I would have expected italian excellence too. I found instead pure indifference. After sitting me at 11.55 AM, they totally avoided eye contact for 15 minutes until I left. They were cleaning tables around me and randomly serving coffees... they cleaned all tables but mine. In the end I left, not having had the chance of even getting a menu. Waste of time, avoid.

3  Thank CristianoCardarelli1
Reviewed 11 March 2018

If your skin is not white, I would consider eating elsewhere. I (white) went to meet my girlfriend (not white) to find she had been ignored twice, kept waiting for a menu and told off because she was only ordering drinks and not food.

The couple next to us (white, seated immediately and given menus from which they only ordered drinks) were surprised at her treatment. Of the other 5 tables only 1 was seating.

Was the waiter RACIST, or did he just have the appearance of a RACIST? I have no idea - but we didn't feel comfortable there and weren't inclined to give them our business. You should make your own minds up.

1  Thank Lee S
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Service here is appealing and they simply don't seem to care.
The bistrot was practically empty, with only 3 tables having food. I came in sat down the waitress saw me and simply decided to chat with the chef or kitchen staff and not come over with a menu or anything.
I dexided to get confortable pull out my tablet and wait, but after 15 minutes my patience had run out so I simply left.
Now I understand why the place was practically empty.

5  Thank Marco M
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The waitress was hot-tempered and misled us while explaining the breakfast deal the place was offering. The food was not that good. Don't eat there.

2  Thank Eyad J