“GREAT EASTER SUNDAY LUNCH WITH FAMILY”

Hanged Man's Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 36 Restaurants in Kildare
Price range: US$39 - US$153
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Hanged Man’s Bar and Restaurant…we hope you visit our family run Bar, Restaurant and Venue located beside the Grand Canal. Pat meets and greets the guests, son Jeff leads the kitchen team and Gabrielle keeps us all on our toes! Our philosophy is simple…excellent fresh ingredients, where possible, sourced locally from trusted supplier partners. We treat each dish to a creative twist with no pretension. We’re lucky to have a great team who are committed to making your visit memorable.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

we had lovely easter sunday lunch in the hanged mans.
Pat, the owner, is a delightful host and all staff very attentive. The food is excellent always, never had bad meal here. lovely selection on menu, something for everyone.
Great ambience in the restuarant, children made very welcome and comfortable

1  Thank lorraine k
Pat K, Owner at Hanged Man's Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thanks so much for the great review! We were delighted you and your family enjoyed your Easter with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This is a great food place. We arrived and got a most warm welcome, great menu and a wonderful recommendation. Each menu item was really well explained and the wine recommendation was perfect for my taste. Went in hungry, left full and felt really well treated.

We are so happy to hear you left full and enjoyed your visit with us. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

My family and I had a came as a birthday treat for Sunday lunch. From the moment we
arrived Pat made us feel very welcome and Billy the barman. He made very polite banter
with us and upon hearing it was my birthday, he brought us into the main dining area and we were treated to the most delicious potato skins compliments of him and his staff.

Our mains were fantastic, the portions sizes very generous and the brisket was so tender. And just as things could not get any better Pat arrived with a delicious desert complete with candle and a rendition of "Happy Birthday" . I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. Finally I have never tasted such a delicious lemon drizzle and coconut sponge, compliments to the chef.

Pat K, Owner at Hanged Man's Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for your lovely review and kind words. We are thrilled you enjoyed your birthday with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

I was in Kildare Village shopping with my family & afterwards I looked for a place to eat & found The Hanged Man’s. It is about a 20 minute drive from Kildare Village. Boy did we hit the jackpot with this place. We were greeted by Pat the owner who brought us into the bar where we had a drink & he explained the specials to us. We ordered our food & about 15 minutes later we were brought into the Dining room. Lovely atmosphere, superb & friendly staff. We had starters, mains & desert & I would give 10 out of 10 for everything. I had the Seafood chowder, amazing, for mains, surf & turf with pasta, to die for finished off with their 3 desert portions which was unreal. My wife had the Monk Fish, my sister in law the duck & my brother the salmon, all were just spectacular. Pat explained that his son is the Chef. In summary, this place is a gem & I look forward to frequenting it again. Thank you Pat & the team for an amazing experience.

2  Thank Mustardseed S
Pat K, Owner at Hanged Man's Pub & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

We are so thrilled you had such an enjoyable experience on your visit to us. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Our friends had recommended we stop here for a meal during our travels. We were taken aback by the luck we found by enjoying our last night in Ireland here at this lovely restaurant. The owner made us feel very welcome from the moment we walked through the door. It was part pub and part quiet cozy fine dining with delightful decor. The food here was the best meal we had our entire trip! Everything was cooked to perfection and the chef's creations were dynamite.
We will most certainly be back the next time we visit!

2  Thank alpspitze2015