“Great instructors. Great boards ”

Nosara Tico Surf School
Ranked #2 of 48 Tours in Nosara
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Nosara Tico Surf School, a local surf school (owned 100% by Ticos) located in Playa Guiones, Nosara. Our friendly and enthusiastic staff is always there to help out, and with the guidance of our certified instructors, you will have the best surfing experience ever. We offer group, semi-private, and private surf lessons. We also offer customized surf package, and arrange surf trips to local surf spots of the northern and southern Pacific Coast. Our goal is to guide and instruct our clients into the waves step by step, give feedbacks and tips, get the most out of our surf lessons.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

These guys are the best! Had me up and surfing in no time. Best part of my vacation!!! Can’t wait to go back

All reviews
in 22 reviews
"taking lessons"
"the entire staff"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this place"
"super patient"
"great instructor"
"laid back"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I had a fantastic time learning to surf with Luigi! I booked four lessons and was very pleased with my progress. Luigi's explanations, pointers and consistent encouragement made my experience all that much more enjoyable. The coconut water after the lesson was a wonderful treat. Pura vida!!!!
The crew in the shop were always very friendly and helpful. By the end of my four days I felt like family. I will definitely be back!
Playa Guiones is a terrific place to surf. I highly recommend checking them out while you're in Nosara.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I went with my wife and two sons (9 and 10 years old) and we all had a great lesson. They were great about covering safety basics, then moving into the technique, then having us get some repetitions on the beach, then getting us onto waves in a very short time.

I had tried surfing before (lesson in Hawaii, going out with friends who surf) but had much more success here than ever before in part due to their instructions and practice on the beach. My family also all were immediately surfing despite no prior experience. Also they spoke great English and were very friendly.

I only wish I had more days to work with them!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The instructor was great, Rolo. It was a great price renting the board and taking lessons. The location is close to the beach entrance. The ladies in the shop were very friendly and helpful.