All reviews bean bags the bean super chill la union good vibes minute walk loved ones seared tuna relaxing vibe brewed coffee on tuesdays bed dorm pork belly sea view room the food is great group of friends night life
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

I visited La Union woth my.best friend. The hostel had a hippie-cool ambiance, from door step to room to lounge to cafeteria. The vibe of the place is for millenials, infortunately I am turning out to be a "tita". We booked the sea view room, and it was lovely and the view was stunning, however, there was no bedroom slippers and toiletries provided. In the afternoon, the lounge/cafe starts to offer beer and drinks, where you can have a "party" or for talks, (as I said, for millenials). The food is cheap and the drinks, too. However, I worry about the security, everybody even not hostel guests can come to party, without being checked by guards, so I felt a little worry so we went back to our room earlier than 11, (so tita). And in the morning, we heard the news, there a fight on the party last night.

They serve basic breakfast, cereals, bread, loval delicacies, milk and fruits.

In there, there is a access to the beach where you can get a surf lesson, or a dip in the ocean. (Reminder: strong current! Swim at your own risk! )

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
3  Thank Imnas A
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I had been curious about this place so paid a visit with my friends. When we went there its a friday and the place was really jampacked! We waited 30 minutes to get a table. The vibe was nice a mixed of modern and classic songs with OPMs too. The food is expensive here. I will come back for the good music:)

Note:
CR is clean
Self service type

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2018

It's quite far from the rest of the establishments in the town. It has a decent vibe to it but nothing more. The food is kind of on the expensive side but that is to be expected in such places. It's fine for me.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank Marlo Paulo R
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Me and my buddies just got back from Flotsam and Jetsam in Surf town Elyu. I've been there for the first time 2 years ago so this is a return trip for me, and my first review so here goes.

1. We got the kubo dorm which is their most affordable and ultra cozy nook for backpackers like me who want to escape the city life and just be a nomad for a day (ok maybe three days and two nights, which was our actual duration). I always felt really comfy in a hut, but my only feedback would be that the mosquito nets could not be set up properly. There were no hooks on the corners or sides of my bed so I could set it up. But it was only a minor problem and did not dampen our moods at all.

2. They're even more crowded today as they were when I last stayed! Lots of youthful and fun crowd just enjoying the start of summer with free flowing booze, cocktails and the pizzaaaaaa!!! Flotsam's pizza is to die for, man!

3. The people make the place. Oh by the way, to those other reviewers who kept ranting about a foreign lady staffer there for being rude, you guys are misinterpreting her. That is just the way she talks because of her accent. Don't expect everyone to talk the same. I've had the chance to hang out with her a few times when I was there and she's a really nice woman in person, so don't be so quick to judge alright? One reviewer even went so far as to threaten to call the police on her and call for the girl to be removed from the hostel? Really? Just because of her accent??? I'm pretty sure there's a bigger picture to this. That reviewer was probably a pain in the butt with the way she pushed her privilege as a customer to the staff and to the foreign girl. Gee there are a lot of butt hurts in this earth nowadays.

Will I recommend Flotsam? Yes. Will I return? BIG YES. Sea you again soon F&J! :)

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Technically I stayed with my boyfriend but with LU, it's kind of difficult not to run into people you know. Loved our stay because the place has really good vibes. Good food and beer by the beach with chill music. Service could have been better. Kitchen and pizza staff were a bit rude. The pizza was so good though. But then if you order right when they open, they just re-heat some of the leftover pizza from the night before, and the cheese becomes all hard and gummy so it's not as good. Also wish they would add savory choices for breakfast. That being said, I love their red chicken curry. The room was really nice and there were good waves out front when we were there so we got to surf everyday of our stay. Surf instructors were more than nice to us. Sunset surfs here are the best. :)

All in all, I can overlook all the negatives just for the good energy I get from this place. Will keep coming back.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple