All reviews new friends bunk beds common room water supply other guests simple breakfast la union pay pesos solo traveller walking distance upon check special thanks free breakfast nets hammocks pandesal backpackers
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I had a great time at the hostel. It's my first time to experience staying in one. I went with friends and it was a perfect place for chilling. Made some new friends too. I like how the newly made bathroom was made from eco-bricks. Toilets are brand new with bidet and there is always tissue.

Common room is the best place to chill as there are a lot of fans and no walls. It's a lot cooler compared to staying in the bunks where the electric fan doesnt hit. Great place to meet new people and hang with friends.

Note that some bunks are TRIPLE deckers. Be wise to choose the lowest bunk as the electric fan only reaches some of the bunks. The 3rd bunk is hard to climb, if you've had too much to drink, but it has the best access to electric fan as it's closer to the ceiling.

It's hard to stay here during summer as the heat can get really unbearable during the day. It only slightly improves at night. Was able to cook lunch by going to the wet market to buy meat and grill it in the hostel. Gotta pay 50 pesos for every time you use their gas stove too. Be mindful of the flies, as the kitchen too is an open area.

Breakfast is nothing impressive. It's just mini pandesals with peanut butter and bananas. Good thing I packed some sausages and corned beef. Always clean as you go, including upon check out by returning the bedsheets in the laundry bin.

All in all, I had a great time. Just wish it wasn't so hot. I would suggest they install some mist in their electric fans to keep the place cool. The heat could get really unbearable during summer.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Kage G, Social Media Team at The Circle Hostel, La Union, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thanks for your feedback!

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

The LU Circle Hostel was the right choice to stay for 2 weeks. The place was cozy but needs a quick cleaning for some very sensitive travelers. The beach is a walk away which is the same with pretty everything that you need. For the previous days there was a limited water supply like for about 2 weeks but it is how one see things and enjoy the situation after all, i believe. Dont worry though because when I left the water problem was already solved.

What was striking are the happy faces i have met. If you are a solo traveler and would love to meet people from across the globe and from all walks of life...be here...

The Circle LU family has been very helpful and friendly like way more than I expected. Thank you guys...ate raquel, kuya norman, mark (the englisher) and dreen...

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

This hostel made me feel like having a home away from home. I ended up staying almost 2 weeks instead of planned couple of days, because of the good vibes and cosy atmosphere. At Circle you always find friends to surf, chill or go party with!

Special thanks to the hostel manager Marc, who made sure that everyone had a good time and was always ready to help with any questions I had. One of the highlights of my stay was Marc’s cookings, for sure the best dinner in town for a very fair price ^.^

I really fell in love with this place and will visit the other Circle hostels in Zambales and Baler for sure! Highly recommend Circle for anyone to stay in La union (travelling solo or not), it’s a good place to start your holiday and get to know what’s going on in the town :-)

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Kage G, Social Media Manager at The Circle Hostel, La Union, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Thanks for joining the Circle! We had a great time having you with us.

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

If you're looking for a down to earth kind of stay, this would be the place to check in. A backpacker would definitely enjoy the accomodation. It's also near the surfing spots, restaurants, and bars so its convenience is another plus.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Kage G, Social Media Mgr at The Circle Hostel, La Union, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Thanks for joining the Circle! We had a great time having you with us.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

This was one of the best hostels I have ever stayed! I felt warm welcome and familiar from the beginning. The atmosphere is just amazing, it's the perfect mix of surfers, travelers and locals. I made a lot of friends and I'm really missing the time there. I could stay there forever!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Kage G, other at The Circle Hostel, La Union, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Thanks for the review Mario! We had a really fun time having you with us. Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon.