All reviews new friends bunk beds common room water supply other guests simple breakfast la union pay pesos solo traveller walking distance upon check special thanks free breakfast nets hammocks pandesal backpackers
Reviewed 23 August 2017

The people are the highlight of this trip. They offer good company even though you just met. Surfing is also fun, they will teach you even if you don't really know how to swim, gotta trust that they'll help you.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 days and 2 night. Meet new people local tourist and foreigners. They have breakfast.. light breakfast for you to start the day. 5mins away from the beach, near restaurants and bars. You may also cooked ur own food. San Juan market is 10min and San Fernando market 15min away, accessible by jeep or tricycle. Common area is always my favorite spot, i slept well on their beanbags. Staffs are also accomodating. I'll stay here again nexttime. Good job circle!!!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Went in at 7, reserved 2 hammocks for the night for a friend and I, and the place was really good for it's price. The hammocks had built in mosquito nets on them too. Free water, simple breakfast, and everyone was chill about everything and understanding. Definitely coming back on my next visit.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Booking a place to crash for a night was really my concern. Since i haven't experienced sleeping in such arrangement and i dont intend to stay on bed the whole time, made me consider this place.
The Circle Hostel is a place for backpackers and individuals on a tight budget or practical travellers who just want a place to sleep and bathe. I booked via Agoda because it's cheaper by few pesos and it's more convenient for me.The place is actually easy to locate. If you're from Manila just ride a bus(Partas Cubao or Pasay) going to Laoag and tell the driver to drop you off at Urbiztondo infront of "Surf Shack". There's an alley leading you to the Circle Hostel.I arrived at 10am.They right away gave me my assigned bed at no extra charge(for early check in) and I was lucky enough to be the only female guest so I have wahine bunkhouse(exclusive for ladies bunkhouse) by myself. The place is mostly made of bamboo, it's a bit untidy maybe because they're having a renovaton, has a common rest&bathroom area which is not well maintained, common area, cooking area with complete utensils for common use, and a small rusty locker(can fit 1 regular backpack and a lil grocery)- Pls bring your own padlock, with bunkhouse for coeds and hammocks if you want a "lullaby" sleeping experience and a FREE WIFI. All bunkbeds comes with a mosquito net, why? Because mosquitoes are everywhere. Wahine has 2 ceiling fans but if you're sleeping in the lowerbunks, Its still freaking hot.
Oh wait, did I tell you that when I was taking a bath the water supply suddenly stops and I'm not done yet. Good thing i fill in the pail half-full or else...
It's literally a place intended for short stay. If you're "maarte and maselan" this is not for you.

PS:
*beddings-- with 100.00 deposit(refundable upon check out)
*Towel--with 50.00 charge + 150.00 deposit(refundable upon check out)
*bring your own toiletries and mosquito repellant.
*with lots of resto nearby.
*it's not a beach front accom. so you need to cross the highway and walk approx 250meters to reach it.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

If you'll be going in San Juan to surf, I highly suggest to stay on this place... The ambiance is so homey. Staff are all friendly and definitely, won't able to leave the place without new friends you meet.
Overall, the experience was great and will definitely not just promote but will get back again on this place :)

Date of stay: May 2017