Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Tet Rouge Resort(La Pointe)
US$279
Fond Doux Plantation & Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$206
Boucan by Hotel Chocolat(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$521
US$509
US$680
US$693
Leisure Inn(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$85
Orbitz.com
Stonefield Villa Resort(Soufriere)(Great Value!)
US$428
US$415
Serenity at Coconut Bay(Vieux Fort)
No availability for your dates from our partners
6,392 results
All reviewslazy riverwater slideskids clubswim up barcoconut baythe grillst luciaadult poolatlantic sidebuffet restauranta la carte restaurantssomething for everyonesea grassmud bathgift shopcaribbean nightentertainment staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The problem is that there are many children running around and unsupervised. I seen kids running right through the jazz player show in the lobby several times which disrupted the show. No one said anything and the parents are no where to be seen or will not bother watching their kids. Security did not stop them. In the main buffet area, children put food in their mouth for a taste and then place it back in the food are which is disgusting. I was in the whirlpool with adults and they let their kids enter into the whirlpool who were under 13 years old. They laugh and say, don't worry we wont tell anyone. These guests do not care about the other guests, they bring their children to this report and let them loose not caring about destroying the experience of other adult guests who did not bring their kids. The security walks around but never says anything to these guests. Kids in the adult pool as well who bring in their non-alcoholic frozen drinks and spill them in the pool. Want to play on the pool tables? The kids broken the sticks. I see kids actually standing on the pool table. How about ping pong; the kids steal the paddles and lose the balls. As an adult staying here, you will not have any peace. However, if you have wild kids who love to destroy everyone else's vacation, then this is the place for you.

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank JohnB7987
Zachary F, General Manager at Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

JohnB,
I am not sure if you are rating this resort a 2 star because of a particular family who’s children clearly impacted your stay. But it is shocking how you crafted this review as an indictment towards. Families. We are a seasonal family resort and we balance between adults and families.

Sorry for your experience, but this review seems to have had an agenda towards a particular group that allowed their children to accompany them on holiday. We do have an adult section which we do take serious. Children are not allowed in that area and the staff understands that as does security.

We also have the Ultra Luxuary Section called Serenity. This may have been the section you should have booked to have no interaction with any children.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family and I (kids are 13 and 11) just returned from our trip to Coconut Bay Beach Resort (3/25-3/30) and we had an awesome vacation! I highly recommend it. The shuttle to the resort from the airport is very quick. Everyone is so nice - Kirby is a great entertainer, Lwanga led fun activities, and we went on a hike with awesome views of the island to Quarry Hill with Gillienne. If we had more time we would have tried one of the excursions. There was so much to do, the weather was great, and we loved the saltwater pools. The kids liked the slides and lazy river, and they also loved having their own swim-up bar and selection of drinks. The property is clean and safe. When I ran on the half mile stretch of beach, a security officer made sure I was turning around at the end of the property.
For food, the Jerk Treehouse was one of our favorites. Even the Coconut Marketplace buffet had a lot of options and food tasted great. Reservations for the a la carte restaurants seemed to be booked even when I was first in line, so that was odd, but they always made it work out. We ate at Silk, Calabash, and Seaside - they were great! We definitely recommend trying to go to at least Calabash and Seaside.
Coconut Bay Beach Resort was a fantastic experience!

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean but higher floors have a better view of the ocean and ground floor has views of the garden and pools.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

IOhio2016

Good Morning, and always glad to hear from our guest. I am glad yo made it home with such wonderful memories. I also am pleased to know your children had such a wonderful time.

We are a seasonal Family resort and you clearly experienced the resorts efforts towards this.

I know the managers read all the reviews and I am happy to have read that the resorts food was exceptional and we where able to achieve the flavor profile that appealed to you.

It also seems that the entertainment department with Kirk, Gillienne, and Lwanga topped off the vacation perfectly.

Thank you so much for the 5 star review

Safe travels

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Spent a wonderful week at this former Club Med property located very near the airport at the southern tip of the island of St. Lucia. They are in the process of renovating/updating the property, doing a little bit each year. It is still very nice, just a bit dated but the staff more than makes up for it. This is the only reason I didn't give all five stars. We were greeted immediately with a refreshing drink and were whisked through the checkout process very quickly. As Diamond club we were greeted by our butler who was very helpful throughout our stay making reservations at all the different restaurants. He even provided some top shelf liquor for our room.

The property is divided into an adult side and a family side, so you can take your choice of several different pools/beaches depending upon your desires. There is a water slide and river pool on the family side. The adult side has two different pools there and their own beach . There are plenty of daily activities on both sides handled by experienced friendly staff people.

Restaurants were all very good, with a good selection of different things to try. There is a jerk tree house and another burger/pizza place for snacking. Our favorite restaurant was the Terrace with plenty of choices for every palate. The Asian place was also nice. They have a great buffet, with changing themes each night and they also have some special dinners served out around the pool for change of pace.

Beach is very nice, they rake the sea grass daily and you can go for a pretty nice walk to the edge of the property maybe a half mile north. Halfway there is a nice beach area with lounge chairs and beach bar along with activity center for kayaking, kite surfing and more.

We met a lot of very nice people, many people from Great Britain and Canada. The staff was out of their way friendly and nice, and seemed to genuinely like their job and care about your welfare. It was a 5 minute ride back to the airport when we finally had to leave which allowed us to enjoy our last day there. Thank you to all and we will come back

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple

Steve B,
I want to let you know, yes we are always doing upgrades and renovations. The project right now is the Tennis and Baskeball courts. Then we will be moving to upgrade the Kitchens to improve the dining experience even more!

Thank you for the wonderful review and the points on the staff and service levels. I do agree the staff is a tremendous asset to the guest and the resort.

Hope to see you again.

Safe Travels

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place is absolutely AWESOME. My family and I (includes 8 year old boy and 5 year old girl) just got back from a week here 3/22-29 and we absolutely LOVED it.
The staff makes this place awesome. Elcide at the swim up pool bar was great. Natalie and Jessica J walking around the pools to get you more drinks were awesome! It took all of a day till they knew our names and made us feel like family. They were always asking if you needed anything and really wanted to ensure that you were having a good time.
Paradise Beach was amazing. Yes the water is rougher than the west side of the island but you’ll love the ocean breeze. Also the bar is great there too – again sorry that I can’t remember the bartender’s names.
Sepherine did an awesome job cleaning our room and providing a new towel creation that the kids absolutely loved.
The Kids Klub, I’m sorry that I don’t have names for all the fabulous people that work there but it was amazing. The kids always wanted to go there and had a blast when they were there. They’d take the kids to lunch and even dinner for you. All of the staff there was great and easy to work with.
No need to worry about security – Neil (aka Tiny) had it covered.
The food was delicious in every place we ate. The French toast at breakfast is unbelievable. The different types of seafood soups that you could have at different places were simply amazing. We thoroughly enjoyed trying different items and also giving our kids these different food experiences. For the Cove, all I have to say is Caribbean pizza – the jerk wing sauce instead of tomato sauce, cheese and some shredded chicken. You do that and that lunch line will be even crazier! You could put that wing sauce on a flip flop and people would eat it!
We did a private tour with the volcano, waterfall and garden – Barry was awesome in getting us in where we needed to go and what we needed to do.
I honestly can’t say enough. I’d recommend this resort to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Shafferc923,
How amazing it is to read this, and the fact that your experience is just how the resort is intended to be enjoyed.

I love the Caribbean Pizza Idea! Sounds like one of my favorite at CPK. The famous BBQ Pizza.

Thank you for the wonderful review, and the accolades to the staff and Neil (AKA Tiny) Love the guy!

Safe Travels

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Room was nice. People were very nice. I did not meet one unfriendly person. I was very disappointed with beach. I thought it would be white sand but it was not. Food was all good but keep in mind, I am a vegan. Do yourself a favor. Stay on the resort the island driver are crazy. Rented a car to go to the mud bath, unfortunately did not make it..
Had the car for 30minutes because we felt it was too dangerous once we got on the road so we turned around and went back to resort..

Room Tip: Stay on the resort
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Nurse Runs,
I am sorry you felt the beach was not to your liking. Did you make it up to Paradise Beach Club? That beach is designed to provide the guest a true Caribbean experience. Hammocks, Thatch Umbrellas, and a killer Beach Bar.

As for driving on the left, if you are not prepared then it was a good choice to return.