“Deliveroo order”

Bankers Fish & Chips
Ranked #191 of 319 Restaurants in Hove
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Food was ok, was not hot enough and we ordered 1 mushy peas and 1 curry sauce but got 2 curry sauces. We will try it again but if it's not hot, probably wont have it again.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Been going to the original Bankers for years, quality of new shop just a good. Consistently good throughout the years, usually id think it a crime to order nuggets in a fish and chip shop but Banker's are delicious and unlike any ive had before. Almost a nugget/ chinese chicken ball hybrid but the best of both!
Would thoroughly recommend, dont let Phil put you off hes always been that miserable! everyone else makes up for it though

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Bankers has been around quite a while now & based on some of the reviews I’ve always been lucky & had a decent meal here.

Takeaway is a little more unpredictable, they can be a bit stingy with the chips but they’ve always been crunchy & fluffy whenever I’ve been there. Last trip I did think the fish batter was a bit greasy but that’s not been the norm for me.

There used to be an insanely good Chippy tucked away just up off the Western Road & that was always unbeatable, but long gone sadly.

Bankers has been the best one I’ve found since but it’s obviously not a 100% sure bet but I’d give them a try if your stuck, maybe eat in.

Not the cheapest but my go to Brighton chippy whenever I’m in town, until I find somewhere else of course.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

The fish and chips at Bankers are without equal. The service is always excellent and the food absolutely amazing.

Given the quality of the food, I feel it is good value for money. Seems like half the local population agree with me judging by the queues at peak periods - believe me, it is well worth the wait.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Being hungry I decided to give Bankers another try, sadly the chips are still dreadful
albeit they were freshly cooked as the place was empty at 8pm on a Thursday.
The chips were just scraps of over cooked potatoes. The fish is fine, place clean & tidy - my advice to anyone considering going here would be to just buy the fish and
do your sides at home. Not sure if I will bother to use them again.