“Very good service and food and setting”

De Veldkeuken Amelisweerd
Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in Bunnik
Price range: US$4 - US$27
Cuisines: French
Description: De Veldkeuken is een biologisch landgoedcafé en -keuken met eigen bakkerij. Wij gebruiken veel groenten, kruiden, fruit en bloemen van de 2 biologsiche tuinen op Amelisweerd. In de keuken voeren groenten de hoofdact. Wij maken alles van a tot z zelf in onze eigen landgoedbakkerij en keuken, vanaf februari gevestigd in boerderij t Goed ten Rhijn op Rhijnauwen. Meel voor ons brood komt grotendeels ook van dichtbij en wij malen een deel zelf. Verse pasta, chutneys, jams, panettones, quiches.. De koks en bakkers van de Veldkeuken werken met aandacht en eenvoudige recepten om van mooie pure grondstoffen heerlijke gerechten te maken. Vergeet niet een brood mee te nemen voor thuis!
Reviewed 19 August 2018

We visited De Veldkeuken for a family reunion and were 11 in total. All that was discussed beforehand was arranged and even better. A good set of drinks, coffee, tea and cakes on the terrace. And later a nice big table with very good food. The service was impeccable as we were asked enough times if we needed more or otherwise. Good tempo of serving dinner.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Beautiful organic vegetarian fresh food in a great setting. Delicious pies and cakes as well. On Wednesdays and Saturdays you can even visit the organic little vegetable market in the Amelisweerd park.

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

The cheese plate was great but we were 3 & it only came with 2 slices of bread. Not enough to sample the 3 cheeses & rhubarb compote, but port figs were delicious & unique. It’s a great looking bakery so I’m not sure why they skimp on the bread. The place was packed outside & quite full inside. I wandered around lost at first not sure if you ordered from the counter or sat at a table. No one offered any help so I sat myself. My server was friendly but I feel people avoid you if you don’t speak Dutch. We ordered 2 veggie burgers & I regret it. They fell appart & even with the nice fresh dill the flavor was lacking. My pasta should of had asparagus but only had zucchini. The 3€ bubbly tap water was not worth it. Everyone else’s food looked great so maybe we just ordered wrong.
If you are in the park it is really the only place to go. The setting is amazing & the food should be as well, but something is just missing.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

The location couldn't be better if you want to venture outside the city, the food is wholesome, local and organic... many complaints about the service, but to be honest, I like it that way. You can literally spend the entire afternoon and not be asked every 20minutes if you'd like something else. Its not the place to go if you want to grab a quick lunch or coffee, otherwise you wouldn't venture out of the city. I couldnt recommend it more!

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Amazing location in nature. Great to have a stroll, sit along the water or cycle around. We came here late in the afternoon for some dinner. There was no table available but they would tell us when a table for two was ready, shouldn't take too long. We had to remind them when people left, but further ok. But then trying to order took about 20 minutes. After let's say 10 minutes I waved at the waitress. She waved back and kept walking. Super friendly, but not the intention.

We got the wrong food and drink twice, like the people around us, very chaotic service. Very friendly, not great.

But then the food. I would say this does make up for the service. Super tasty, very fresh. We shared a couple of dishes, and everything was good. Definitely recommend the polenta and the burger. Worth a visit if you have the time and are amused and not annoyed by chaotic service.