“Good food, average service ”
Review of Adagio by Markus

Adagio by Markus
Ranked #2 of 191 Restaurants in Platja d'Aro
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Description: Adagio es un concepto musical de importancia internacional. Significa un ritmo lento y suelto. Esta es la filosofía del restaurante Adagio. Nuestro deseo es que nuestros clientes se sientan cómodos y lentamente puedan disfrutar de la comida y el tiempo en Adagio.
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited this place for dinner following a TripAdvisor high rating. The food didn’t disappoint, in fact it was very good and fresh and the prices quite moderate. We had a late lunch earlier so we were not too hungry. In Adagio we tried a few appetizers to share, cocktails and deserts. We sat outside. The waiter (or the owner?) made an issue with our order for three appetizers, referring to the size of the table (too small) for the plates (too big). Not offering a compromise solution, e.g. bringing appetizers in sequence(?), he accepted the order with an attitude that made us almost guilty for not ordering the main course. Later when appetizers arrived, all three large plates fit our small table with no problem. We then ordered cocktails and when we asked to repeat, the response was “later, I have other tables to serve”. From a customer point of view, acceptance and waiting is preferred rather than a segregation of this way. We appreciate the gastronomic experience but the attitude does not allow leaving a 5 point mark.

2  Thank sgurnov
Oliver M, Majiteľ at Adagio by Markus, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Hello.

Your words is touching me personally, so I will respond to you.

Let's go to correct some things

It's standard that in our restaurant people will make a table reservation or they will come and talk to me, that they would like to have a dinner.

Based on this little conversation I can see from where are they, what menu bring to them and finally I am going to accompanish them to their table. You took table without all of it. But it's OK. It sometimes happens. :)

You maked unusually order. Three starters for two persons and nothing more. We are restaurant and it is normal, that people are ordering starters, main dishes and deserts. And usually they do it in the same time. I was suggesting you to take two starters and two main dishes to have more comfort on the table. You took this my suggestion as a some kind of offence against you. Maybe because you had a bad mood what was evident. Thats why I brought all you asked and I know it couldn't be comfortable for you, like you say in your comment.

You ordered first two Mojitos and you had it in short time. Later when you finished your drinks I asked all of you, If you would like to have another one. Your husband wanted one more and you told me that you don't want another one. When I brought next mojito to your husband, you told me, that you want another one. That's why I answered to you, that will take a minute. You could order your drink when I was asking all of you and both of you could have yours drinks in the same time.

I would like to talk a bit about prices. Our prices are more than corect if you compare price/quality and It's a personal thing of every person. For somebody is too expensive, for somebody it's cheap or it is normal. It's really individual matter.

I know that I can't make happy all people, but I am the last one who don't have interest to do that.

Please dont take mi words again as some kind of offence.

It's just a friendly chat.

Oliver

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

The food was of the highest order. I had the salmon and the gaspacho which was amazingly executed. For desert I had the apple tart and catalunya cream. We are vegatarian and the restaraunt wes flexible and took out any meat in the meals. Complimebts to the brothers running this establishment and shalom from Israel.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank RonM2679
Oliver M, Owner at Adagio by Markus, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Thank you very much.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

If I would have eaten these meals at home I would have licked the plates clean!
Awesome meals (chipirons, lamb, sirloin, ravioli, duck breast).
And chocolate heaven to top it off.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

Very nice place with very friendly and good service! The 2 brothers really do their best to focus on the guests and provide very honest and well tasted food! We will definitely come back.

1  Thank Jelled144
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

This is a wonderful find in Platja D’aro! The food is fresh and delicious. Salmon was cooked perfectly, pasta made fresh, cocktails and wine all terrific. This is not typical tourist food that you find along Av. Del Cavall. This is really excellent, new flavors, European and Catalunya perfected. The owners genuinely care about the food they give to guests. We went here twice it was so good. I recommend the scallops and hummus, baby squid appetizer, salmon, lamb, smoked cod tartar. Honestly everything we had was amazing.

1  Thank pamela4real
oliverm58, Majiteľ at Adagio by Markus, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Thank you for your comment Pamela. Looking forward to see you again.

Oliver