Surf' in Monkeys Surfcamp
US$65
Priceline
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$75/night.

Hotel Senhor de Matosinhos(Matosinhos)(Great Value!)
Fishtail Sea House(Matosinhos)(Great Value!)
Oportocean Hostel(Matosinhos)
Sea Porto Hotel(Matosinhos)
  • Breakfast included
Habana Motel(Matosinhos)
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 18 October 2016

My brother and I booked a surfcamp and a stay at the hostel. Compared to some of the other guest, we had a good experience, but it was still disappointing. The organisation behind the surfcamp seem good until we paid and then it was all bad: we could't reach the owner and we found different numbers on him in the contact information. They didn't pick us up at the pick up time, they were late giving us information and they didn't give some of the other guests what they booked - e.g. the yoga class.
But when we then got to the surfing lesson Miguel and Oliver were very good in teaching us. We had good fun and learned a lot.
All in all we don't regret our stay and we had a good time also with the other guests, we were just disappointed of the way they are running the business.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2016

The surf camp was well organized, the instructors were fun and could explain a lot for me as a beginner. I was able to learn surfing within a few days. There's not a lot instruction by the teachers, but you can definitely have a joyful time.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2016

The Surf' in Monkey Surf camp is a very nice and cosy accomodation. Although it is a hostel, the rooms do not host more than three guests. The only thing what make it feel like a hostel were the other guests at the age of me and my friends. We get to know each other very quick and spend nice evenings of barbecue and candle light in the backyard.
Alle the rooms and community rooms are very clean and designed individually. It was cool to see the other rooms of the guests and to have a look at all the different design elements related to surfing and beach. The atmosphere was great!

Room Tip: Choose one of the room in the back - the other rooms beyond the roof get very hot
Stayed: September 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2016

I have been there two times. The accommodation is a hostel but the standard is good and clean. The staff is very friendly and I am pleased with the surf lessons. I also tried a yoga lesson, liked it but was there to surf.

After surfing I recommend the fresh pressed orange juice in the cafe at the corner close to the surf shop and visit the many fish restaurants nearby.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2016

Nice hostel, especially good rooms (I was in a twin room). Cool decor. Kitchen is quite small given the number of people that can be there. Very happy overall for the price. Has a small outside area and a small lounge too.

Room Tip: Twin rooms were great
Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple