Review Highlights
Amazing Truffle Hunt

Our time with Roberto, his mother, Heather, and the 3 cutest pups was unforgettable. As lovers of... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Rachel C
Don't miss this!

Roberto, Heather and their furry friends Bibo, Maia and Camilla brought us on an adventure through... read more

Reviewed 27 October 2018
geozerf
Singapore, Singapore
via mobile

All reviews truffle trained dogs an adventure unforgettable experience cooking class bibo roberto maya woods interpreter grams breed hunter activity expert manner dig
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

I found this on my own and so glad I did. I have two sons (12,14) who love dogs and they had the time of their lives. The truffle hunter and his mom were charming and love their dogs. Heather provided the needed translation and once the dogs were off the leash we were off! We found probably 50 truffles in a little over an hour. My boys were very hands on, literally taking the truffles out of the dogs’ mouths. The truffle hunter was happy to have my boys involved and very nice to them. To me, this excursion was the best part of our 10 day trip to Italy!!

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank margherndon
NickMontaperti, Proprietario at Truffle Hunting in Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Thank you so much ! We're so pleased to know you all and especially the boys enjoyed hunting truffles with us.They were real junior truffle hunters and Roberto thought it was great to have such enthusistic assistants!
Best regards from all the team...including the dogs!

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Did the truffle hunt with 3 of my family. Heather (the english speaking guide) greeted us at the meeting point and gave us an introduction to the process of locating the elusive truffle. Then we met Roberto, his wife and son plus the 3 amazing truffle hunting dogs, Mya, Bibo and Carmella. We headed off into the forest and after about 5 minutes one of the dogs had found a truffle by the side of the track! This was just the beginning of an amazing display of man and animals working together....truffle after truffle were discovered by the amazing discover the following 1 1/2 hours. We ended up with about 600 grams of the supposedly elusive fungi. We had a great day and would highly recommend the experience - it was one of the highlights of our Tuscan adventure.

Date of experience: August 2018
1  Thank AtomicXR6T

Thank you! We're delighted you had such a goodt time hunting truffles with us.Thanks so much for writing about your experience here, and we appreciate your compliments!

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Roberto , Maia , Camilla , Bibo. With Heather translating and the kindness of Roberto’s mama who was with us , is something everyone coming to The Siena area should experience. I will never forget this. So much fun. ! Never thought I would do this !

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank Ronda49
NickMontaperti, Proprietario at Truffle Hunting in Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Thank you so much for the review, we are all really pleased that you enjoyed truffle hunting with us.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

I'll admit, I am obsessed with dog that have jobs. So when I found out that dogs are responsible for hunting truffles, I knew this was an experience I had to partake in, no matter the cost. My husband and I arrived at 8:30 in the morning and spent an hour and a half in the wood with the lovely Roberto and his amazing dogs Kimbo and Bonnie, as well as Heather - translator extraordinaire and the local truffle hunter in training, Hugo. As soon as Roberto unleashed them, Kimbo and Bonnie were off for the hunt. Limbo finding his first truffle quite quickly (he's an expert truffle hunter!) Bonnie also found a few. Hugo was only 9 months and it was so cute to see him dig holes and expect treats - because that is what he saw happen to the other two! Plus Hugo is a white dog, so after the 1.5 hours in the woods, he was definitely in need of a bath!
All in all, the time flew by and my husband and I were both in awe of how amazing the experience was. The dogs found probably 10-15 truffles, some of quite a large size, and we learned so much about truffles, truffle hunting, and anything else we asked Heather and Roberto questions about.
Then we got to eat the truffles at Nonna's cooking class after!

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank taryn09
NickMontaperti, Proprietario at Truffle Hunting in Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Thanks so much, Really appreciate the review.....even the dogs are wagging their tails as I read it to them.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. It was fun, educational and beautiful. The dogs were incredible. As were our leader and interpreter. I would highy recommend this as an activity for any age or group.

Date of experience: June 2018
NickMontaperti, Proprietario at Truffle Hunting in Tuscany, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you so much ..we are very glad you enjoyed this special experience. Greetings from all the team,dogs inclede!