Citta del Mare Hotel Village
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
1,566 results
All reviewswait in linewhole familyfood was averagefamily vacationlarge terracebuy drinkstoboggananimation
Reviewed 31 July 2017

The shower floods the bathrooom easily, and there is no drain for the water so be careful taking a shower. Bring your own toiletries because they do not provide much except towels and small packets of shampoo/body wash. They did have room
Cleaning daily and provided us with clean towels every day. The air conditioner was not very strong. I could feel it the coolness in the night but barely during the day.the television was small, but we did not spend a lot of time in the room watching tv. The lunch and dinner were expensive. The breakfast was free. The activities were fun for the whole family. I liked that they offered excursions, how ever the front desk lobby was almost always very busy and hard to get service within a few minutes. The staff was very nice. The food and drinks were very good, although more than I liked it to be. The activities offered entertained a variety of ages, and I enjoyed taking advantages of Zumba and other dance classes. I enjoyed going down the tobaggan, also at the bottom we brought our own equipment to snorkel and saw beautiful sea life. This area I would not recommend to small children as it is slippery and not safe. The above areas have much safer areas for small children with a wide range of pools with life guards. Overall I would recommend it to families.

Room Tip: Have lots of patience as service can be slow, but worth it.
1  Thank Jessica M
Reviewed 30 July 2017

The Negatives of the room:

* the rooms are really terrible. Run down, beds as hard as bricks. We had two rooms each with a Queen and one twin. There was a thin, rough sheet and a thinner bedspread on each bed with one pillow per person. If I were going back for more than a night, I would bring pillows from home and maybe even a mattress pad if visiting locally. If not, you're out of luck.

The bathroom had one sink and a small shower. The bath towels provided looked like table linens and were pretty ineffective. The floors looked dirty, worn and were cracked. I don't think they were actually dirty but they were in DESPERATE need of renovation. If I hadn't been warned in advanced, I would have been livid and addressed the front desk.

No wifi in the rooms (only in the lobby area) and a tiny TV. It's just not somewhere you'd want to spend a lot of time.

The positives of the room:

There was enough space for us and each room had a large terrace with rocking lounge chairs that overlooked the water. We sat out there each night and that alone made up for the ugly room. The views were stunning.

* there is a mini fridge in each room and if we had known, we would have brought snacks and drinks. It would have been perfect to sit out on the terrace with wine since you can't take anything out of the dining room.

The negatives of the resort:

* You need to bring your own beach towels. A fact I wish we had been told when we booked.

* The slides are open from 10am-12:30 pm and again from 4-6 pm. That's 3 1/2 hours of break which seems excessive. We went to one of the pools but there wasn't anything special about it: no slide, no diving board, not even a change in floor elevation.

* the food is all Italian. We booked through a local travel agency and we're only given the option for the buffet (as opposed to a menu/sit down restaurant right next to it although I believe the food is very similar). Buffets are buffets and so you get a lot of buffet behavior from people that can be annoying. You're only choices to drink are water or wine. You can buy soda from the bar and take it in with you. We made the mistake of doing that last night and each coke was €3! We saw another table brought in their own 2 liter of Pepsi. Would have been great to know we could have done that too!

The positives of the resort:

* the views are absolutely stunning. The location is just amazing. It's a well-kept resort on the outside that totally took advantage of its location.

* the slides are super fun and totally worth it especially the one that spits you into the sea. We (and other guests) spent a lot of time swimming at the bottom, checking out the rock area. The water was warm and mild enough that you could really enjoy it. I could imagine snorkeling, tubing, floating around that water for hours if we came prepared.

* we didn't check out the beach but there is a shuttle that runs you to and from it throughout the day. Chairs and umbrellas are there for you. You pay €10 each for a club card which is like a pre-pay card that gives you access to all the slides, beach umbrellas/chairs, etc. You also use it to buy drinks at the bars or snacks. You can put on as much money as you want but it's at least €10 to start and any extra money is refunded at check out.

* it wasn't crazy crowded as expected even at meals. I don't care much for Italian food but my family would tell you the selections they had were good. Yummy pasta, grilled fish, plenty of sides, cakes for dessert, etc. The only food served is Italian so expect that as well.

Pretty high priced for shabby, dingy rooms even with the spectacular slides.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2017

Fisrt impression is terrible, you must take a number and take the line in order to do your check-in! people from the front desk in a very bad mood!

I have nothing good to say about the rooms, even trying 3 different rooms, I ask my check-out few minutos later!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
3  Thank grigos_449476
Reviewed 23 July 2017

quality of food was excellent but it took a while to work out where we were 'allowed' to eat - we were given different information by each member of staff we asked - all of whom were extremely friendly and willing to help. In the end we worked it out (a bit) by ourselves. on the whole it was good value. Our superior rooms were definitely a notch better than standard (which we also had experience of). Good idea to look into their smoking policy in rooms/balconies if you are non-smoker. The club card only relates to facilities, not equipment e.g. tennis racquets - had to pay to hire these despite paying the club card fees. Entertainment and pools were super.Great waste of food in buffet system - yet we were not allowed to take unfinished water from table to use in room.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Great value for money for a family vacation. The hotel is close to Palermo and the beach, has many swimming pools to enjoy during the day and the bonus of the slides into the sea! Food was average, but enough. Staff was very nice and the room was clean and comfortable. On one occasion there was a black out and we could not use the air conditioning during the night.