All reviews the main street small hotel fantastic hotel super friendly fantastic shower anna lisa windows closed wonderful room highly recommend this hotel a real gem rooftop bar flower festival excellent location would definitely stay here again modern bathroom third floor short stay
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Hotel rooms were very uninspiring with miniscule balconies. They placed us in the room that was opposite the breakfast caffeteria, which meant we were woken up by staff preparing the meals every morning.

The aircon and the minibar were working only sporadically. When the A/C was working properly the fan was too strong and it was uncortable freezing in the room. When we switched it off it was too hot, but you couldn't really open the balcony as the rooms are situated next to the main road and it was very noisy during the night. There is no free on-street parking available, so you are practically forced to pay additionally for the hotel's vallet parking.

The service was appaling - we had some unexpected personal circumstances at home and we wished to shorten our trip by one night, but the hotel staff insisted we would be charged for the whole stay anyway as the booking was made through Booking.com. My booking wasn't prepaid through Booking.com and the reservation clearly stated that any cancellation/modification fees are to be decided by the hotel. This complete unwillingness to cooperate and to come to any kind of understanding/agreement is beyond me. We stayed at three different locations during our Sicily holiday and this was by far our worst experience.

When I take into consideration the noise, poor service, lack of facilities that 4 star hotels usually offer (restaurant, pool, free parking) then I have to say that this was very poor value for money. It's expensive for what it is (essentially a very average 3 star hotel with a service of a motel).

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Giovanni F, Proprietario at Hotel Porta Reale, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Guest, we are very disappointed about your feedback, even more knowing NOW and not during your stay that you had some issues with your room. This is the reason we want to answer point by point: first of all you booked two rooms with balcony but no view, this means that the balconies are placed on the side of the building. The rooms have great toilets, original tiles on the floor, kettle for tea, Sky channels in the TV just to say some of what they features.
The balconies faces the alleys where the road is so narrow that cars cannot ride though it, and even on the main street the cars are not allowed to pass except some cases like our guests who can exceptionally arrive in front of the main entrance to load and unload the car, this is a great privilege that only the guests of Hotel Porta Reale have, even though in this side of the Corso Vittorio Emanuele there are no Cafès or restaurant, this is the reason we don’t understand the noises coming from the street during the night, and the rooms are equipped with double glazed windows to be sure no noises came through, of course asking how to use the Air conditioning would have allowed you to close the balcony.
For all the guests, we have two terraces very appreciated because calm and relaxing and with great view, one of them features a bar and we offer a complimentary drink during the evening, you take the lift to go to the top floor, always appreciated too. The Airconditioning in the rooms is controlled by guests who can decide temperature and fans of the machine, in case guests don’t know how to use it we explain and suggest how to use it but you didn’t, about the minibar I don’t remember any complaint from you during your stay, be sure we would have done something. The breakfast room was close to your room but we always pay attention to make as less noises as possible during the preparation of the breakfast, again we didn’t receive any complaint from you. About parking we have a service of valet parking in case guests want it. And it is very appreciated if you don’t want to loose a second of your holiday. If you don’t want to spend the money for this service, we are always happy to suggest the areas where you can park the car for free nearby the Hotel but apparently again you didn’t ask and I think you were actually happy to arrive in front of the hotel and leave the keys to us.
Now about your willing to leave one night before: you booked two rooms for three nights each, I remember the second day in the evening, you exposed me your interpretation of the hotel cancellation policy saying: if I leave tomorrow and I change before midnight of tonight(already second day) this say I pay half of the price of the reservation, do you think is this kind of policy possible? Book 3 nights, stay 2 and pay less than 2!!! Please would be great if you could explain this to me and who ever is reading this because it’s very interesting. Even if this was an error and you were right, you booked via booking.com, this means that the cancellation of the last night must arrive through booking.com. because of your fantastic interpretation I had a doubt and I called booking.com, we read together your reservation. It is very clear, no doubts: what you saw in the reservation was the price of cancellation of one room (full amount of the room so first Half of the reservation) and there was another page with the second room saying the same (again full amount of the room and second Half of price of the reservation). About modification/cancellation policy: yes the Hotel decides any modification and cancellation fee. This is decided before you book, you can see it and when you book you accept it, it doesn’t mean that you can negotiate it here at the Hotel . And again you booked on booking.com so if you wanted to change anything you had to contact booking.com but again you didn’t, with some cooperation probably we would have done it together.
The only think that you found reasonable has been to write this feedback on tripadvisor. You see this is the worst feedback ever on Trip, it is unfair and from my answer I hope who is reading understand that we treat everybody with fairness, that we are inclined to solving problems when we are aware of it and a bad review like this might seem a punishment for us, but it is not, I remember my last words on the phone telling to you “If you need anything I’ll do my best” because this is what we do here at the Hotel Porta Reale.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We spent three nights in hotel Porta Reale, which has been very recently renovated.
The rooms are well appointed. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is adequate and can be consumed on the pleasant roof terrace with a view on the lovely baroque city. Evening drinks are also recommended on the terrace. Wifi is excellent, the best we had in our tour of Sicily. Noto is a beautiful little town, close to many interesting sights such as Siracusa and Ragusa as well as some beautiful beaches. The town also boasts some excellent restaurants.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Location is excellent, our room was perfect (a true 4 star) and, above all, the service was so fantastically efficient and helpful. As someone who travels a lot, I will always remember this hotel as one of the best I ever stayed and we spent 5 days there, I only wished if it could have been longer!

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Fantastic location, great rooms, modern comfortable and clean. Staff were excellent. Breakfast was very good serving your typical European style breakfast. I couldn't fault this hotel in any way. Valet parking was made available for a fee. Took away the headache of trying to find a park. Great place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony. Loved it.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liz H
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

This is a high quality, newly refurbished hotel, overlooking the main Street in Noto. (Double glazing worked very well to allow peaceful sleep). We were very fortunate to be upgraded to a large, top floor room with a terrace, and stayed an extra night as a result! The view from the terrace was fabulous. The location allowed easy access to all the wonderful sites of the town, with a chance to return to the room to cool down! The hotels top floor bar is also worth an early evening visit (great bar snacks). We found free on-street parking nearby so didn't need the Hotel's valet parking. Strongly recommend