“BIrthday meal”

Bilton's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Tottenhill
Description: Bilton's Eating House is a small family run eating house and our aim is to give people a home from home to come and eat good, freshly cooked food, in a warm, relaxing and above all friendly atmosphere. All ingredients are sourced locally and menus are influenced by the best seasonal food.
Reviewed 5 August 2018

This week enjoyed a birthday meal at Biltons. Delightful atmosphere with rustic charm. Highlight of the visit was Daniel's signature dish, surf and turf, which was half a lobster thermidor and a flat iron steak. Highly recommended. A very warm welom from Daniel and his team, nothing was too much trouble. Table service very good. We will certainly be calling again.

2  Thank Scalliwags

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Couldn't have had a better evening! Food was exceptional as was service, would not hesitate to recommend !

2  Thank gfkirk81
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Both Susan and I had another memorable evening at Biltons. Although we live relatively close we do not frequent Biltons as much as we probably should however, when we do, it feels like a special occasion. As this was our first summer visit we were both pleased that the cosy romantic ambience, previously experienced, was still very evident. We had the Crispy duck and Belly Pork for starters, both were faultless. Susan had the sea bass for main which she thoroughly enjoyed - now for the main reason for this review - I (99% of the time) always go for fillet steak and have never, not to my knowledge, experienced a flat iron steak however, I also love seafood with lobster as one of my favourites so when I saw the surf and turf, half lobster thermidor and a flatiron steak, I was in a conundrum. I decided to plumb for the surf and turf and wow - this was one of my favourite meals ever. The thermidor sauce was plentiful and rich in flavour, the steak was the most delicious and tender piece of meat. Both Susan and I were amazed at how tender this steak was (and no gristle). This is obviously a very talented chef. A slight downside was that when we wanted to move from the table we had to disturb one of the diners on the next table so we could get out. This made us feel uncomfortable and couldn't have gone down to well for the gentlemen who was eating his meal. That said I feel as though I have to give five stars for the excellent service, romantic cosy ambience and out of this world food.

1  Thank Dave W
Reviewed 28 July 2018

Just had a wonderful meal. Highly recommended is the sea bass and flat steak. Only negative comment, is there was nothing Diary free on the sweet menu.
Service, food and value excellent. Will visit again.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Wow what a difference from last time we visited this restaurant. We was greeted with a warm welcome and had a couple of drinks before we looked at the menu. We decided on scallops and pork bites to start followed by the rack of lamb and the steak with lobster. All was to cooked to perfection and portion sizes was excellent just right. We both enjoyed the meal very much but the steak well I've never tasted steak so tender it just melted in your mouth no steak knife needed this. There is a saying that you get what you pay for and this certainly didn't let us down. We had a bottle of red to wash it down which we asked for it to be chilled no problem. Didn't have desert as wasn't offered. I wish we could have met the chef as I would like to shake his hand. The best meal we have both had in a very long time, can't wait to return so lucky to have this on our doorstep.

Date of visit: July 2018