“Quick and easy meal”

Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed 23 April 2018

Was in town on business and walked past on the way home from the bottlo and decided I'd grab some takeaway. I asked a bloke and he gave me a menu. On looking at the menu I decided to sit down and eat in the restaurant after all rather than takeaway.
A waitress took my order and I noticed her talking to the first bloke I had spoken with, and she came back to check if I was eating in or taking away. She was quite friendly and helpful. The food came out reasonably quickly and they staggered the two dishes for me. The food looked exactly as it was shown on the menu.
The food is very reasonably priced and plentiful, I had a Char Kwai Teao (Not sure on spelling) and a Beef and Broccoli dish. both were very good and more than I should have ordered as they are generous portions. I had a beer as well and I think the total bill was less than $35.
Really good value, it was busy and noisy but is worth a visit for a good quality and inexpensive meal.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

We ordered Black Bean Sauce with Steam Fish and the lemon chicken. All was ok except the lemon chicken which was not edible as the sauce on it was extremely sweet. The waiting staff is a mixture of very friendly and indifferent, depending who you get. The moral of the story is stay away from the lemon chicken.

Also note that this restaurant does not serve alcohol.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We are semi regular at this very popular Malaysian restaraunt. Most people just walk up, but you can book. They have a very extensive menu that goes beyond just pure Malaysian and encompasses some Chinese and other influences. However we tend to stay with our favorites. Crispy skin chicken with rice, or Nonya fish, or salted fish rice all done well and very good value. When two of you can eat your fill and get out of a restaurant under $20 you’ve done well and at Petaling street you can do that. Another Malaysian restaraunt gem ?

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Had to spend sometime in Glen Waverley area thus seeing me visit this restaurant a few times, eat in and takeaway.
Having visited many Petaling Street in Sydney, I found the food comparable. I must admit that the serve was huge compared to Sydney! I couldn’t believe one of the evening I was there. Probably the chef was in a good mood!
The servers were nice and friendly. You can get extra chili, etc without extra charge or grudge.
The hours at Glen Waverley were pretty good, opening at about 11:30 am to 10:30pm and later on Saturday. This is suburban!
Very near the Glen Waverley train and bus station. Parking on the street is 1 1/2 hours until 8pm except in the council car park, it is 3 hours.
Recommended if you’re missing Malaysian food.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Petaling Street probably rates a 3.5 rather than a 3. This place is typical Malaysian hawker food. Inexpensive, plentiful and, if you choose, very spicy. You certainly do not pay for the ambience but it is possible to walk out of this restaurant having paid the same amount for 3 people that you can pay elsewhere for 1 person. Where else can you get a barramundi cooked to perfection for less than $18.