Highlander Hotel
The Star Hotel(Kingussie)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewssweet trolleyski norwestdessert trolleycoach partiesnewmarket holidaysdining roomcoach tourevening mealitison dealchristmas decorationsno liftwaiting staffmeal timesdinner bed and breakfastfamily roomfriendly hotelwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Very friendly and efficient staff. We stayed two nights, dinner bed and breakfast and the food was excellent, couldn't fault it if we tried. The dinners on both nights were exceptional and the cooked breakfast was probably the best I've had in a hotel. perfectly cooked and not greasy at all. Thank you to all the staff for a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mandy W
Reviewed March 20, 2018

We had an over night stay which included dinner bed and breakfast . Having spent the past thirty years on the restaurant trade I have never had a meal like the dinner we had served up to us. Never have I heard of gammon served with cheese sauce. The chef's choice of vegetables...... Cabbage boiled till transparent courgettes hard and inedible and heaven knows what they did with the potatoes. Pushed my beige plate of food away when the lad asked if done!!! Send it back to kitchen with message that it' was disgusting.A lady can!e out and offered me something else I could have something from the bar menu My choice was pate hoping that they had not made it.we will never recommend anyone to eat here. a very disappointed couple

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Cynthia R, General Manager at Highlander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Disappointed by your comments. The package you were on included a Table d'hote menu which obviously was not to your liking. We have a lot of people coming on this offer who are more than happy with the food. Unfortunately it is all about personal preference.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

We stayed here with our tour group in August 2017. I'm late getting to this review! The highlands are beautiful and this hotel was a quaint stop. We ate in the hotel dining room for dinner and breakfast and the food was good. The staff was great.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 12, 2018

Booked for the 2 night ski package with Ski Norwest, everything was as they said it would be and well organised. The staff at the hotel friendly enough and the food was good. I would recommend Ski Norwest and the hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

So glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I have recently returned from a few days up north, staying at the highlander hotel for one night. The recent reviews if I'm honest really made me worry about the place however it was overall a good experience.
Room was lovely, staff friendly and check in was simple.

Bar open noon-12pm although when we went through just before 5pm the lights were off and had to ask reception to open it up. However bearing in mind it was February and a Monday evening this was not an issue for us.

I personally wasn't keen on anything on the dinner menu as I have been unwell recently and due to travelling for many hours we went to a restuarant down the road. I recieved a call to my room later on in the evening from the general manager of the hotel asking if there was a problem and when I said I just wasn't keen she told me she could have arranged something if I had asked, not only that but she also made our drinks from the bar free of charge.

Personally had I said to management they would have been happy enough to arrange something else. Very excellent service and for that reason we will definitely be returning. Thank you for a lovely experience.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mel956
Cynthia R, General Manager at Highlander Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review and appreciate that although you chose not to eat with us it did not detract from the enjoyment of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.