Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$73
Hotels.comUS$73
eDreamsUS$73
TravelocityUS$73
CheapTicketsUS$73
Orbitz.comUS$73
All reviews lick of paint train station comfortable bed convenience mirror reception towels tv
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 August 2021

The staff here are all friendly, helpful and the best part of our stay. The hotel is very tired looking , staff try to keep it clean but in need of a refurb. We stayed as it was convenient and would do so again but purely as it is so close to the racetrack . Also the wifi which was meant to be fixed did not work all 4 nights we were there.

Reviewed 26 August 2021

Stayed in a family room which consisted of a king size bed, sofa bed and a pull out child's bed. The 3rd bed wasn't the best but can't complain for the price we paid. Staff were fantastic. Rooms were basic but clean which is all you can ask for. Toby carvery located right across the road from the hotel, and a kfc on the same block. Train station just across the road.

Few issues during the night with noisy guests. There was a stag due & a wedding party staying in the hotel on the same nights as us. They had booked a lot of rooms. Extremely loud, and banging on people's doors. Staff did the best they could. I heard them knock a couple of times and remove a couple of them from the hotel but in the end the police had to be called to get the rest of them removed. The staff were fantastic but seemed to get a lot of abuse the next day in relation to other guests complaining which was not their fault as I know they did all they could until the police arrived. Wifi not available due to changing supplier but that wasn't an issue as I was able to connect to the dongle provided. Overall a good stay, and would reccomend!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2021

Stayed here for the weekend with family and a few friends. The lady on reception was ever so friendly, and kept asking us if everything was ok with our room throughout our stay. The KFC was shut, and was only allowing drive through orders. We came down by train so unfortunately was unable to to get one. My autistic son who is 12 is an extremely fussy eater and will only eat certain foods. Trying to find something to eat for him proved to be a challenge as it was late and there was only pizza places open. The change over of shifts came and the lady on reception made a point of coming down to our room to say goodbye to our son who is non verbal. This didn't stop her getting down to his level and stopping him for a chat every time he walked past were as most people would not take the time or bother. The lady returned 10 minuets later after leaving her shift with a KFC kids meal and would not take any money off us.

No WIFI at the property as they are having a few issues getting WIFI to reach around the building. Dongles are offered upon check in which work quite well aslong as you are not downloading.

Thank You so much for your kindness, and for being so lovely to Jordon! Unfortunately, i did not get the lady's name although Jordon calls her 'Seff' We have rebooked to come back in November, and also got discount for booking directly through them. Thank You to the whole team.

1  Thank kevinhWd45
Reviewed 25 August 2021 via mobile

Very clean and the staff at this place couldn’t of done any more for me and my girlfriend while we stay here and it was like no other hotel I’ve been to before and could of been anymore helpful at all if they try to.

Just one more thing I need to say a big thank to the lovely laid who was on reception and she couldn’t been anymore helpful if she try to be because she was so so caring and helpful and kind and also very patient with me and my girlfriend and I can’t thank you enough for what’s you did for us and I hope you get your car sort out soon

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2021

Stayed here on a Friday night with my family including 3 children.

Despite asking for 2 rooms near each other, the hotel managed two rooms on different floors. Oh well, not the end of the world......
Supposedly the rooms are cleaned and prepared for your arrival...hmmm. Room 25 upstairs, cigarette butt under the single bed. Badly fitting bathroom door means it can't close.

Then the drunk stag party arrived, also spread across rooms on both floors, just so that all the guests can share in the pain. Then the corridors filled with the smell of cannabis, and the door slamming, and fire door kicking began - remember this is only 5pm. I complained to the reception and was told I wasn't the first! OK, so what are you doing about it then???!!!!!

Then around midnight a wedding party spread over about 4 rooms began their party, just in time for the stag party to return about 2am - all mixed with more door slamming, shouting, and knocking on random guests doors for the next few hours.

Despite the notices about being quiet from 10pm onwards, the hotel staff seemed unable to cope with the disruptive behaviour.
I spoke to two other guests in the morning, and both had similar tales to tell.
When I complained to the guy on reception in the morning, all he could do was nod and agree - no apology, nothing.

In summary, I wouldn't stay here if you paid me. I've never before had to complain to the front desk about the smell of drugs throughout the hotel - this sums this place up.

You have been warned.