Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Sorry to say that our stay was a bit of a mixed bag!

We were a little late arriving and our host was accommodating of this and on arrival was more than happy to offer us some local knowledge from where we could get a bite to eat that evening despite it being approx 9pm to nice places to visit later in the stay. He also showed us around the apartment to make sure we were settled and knew how things worked i.e the shower. We were quite quick to spot that the apartment wasn’t the cleanest - this is always a little letdown but more so here where there is a €60 cleaning fee on departure!

It was dark when we arrived so we didn’t see much of the outside or the surrounding area. The following morning didn’t disappoint as the garden and views from the property were very nice - perfect picturesque Tuscany.

One major grumble I have here is that on 5 out of 6 morning we were woken up between 6am and 7am. The property doesn’t offer much soundproofing from the resident and other people staying. On the 5 mornings we heard people up stairs walking around, closing doors, flushing the loo etc. This would then be followed by the host and another person slamming a door, walking down the stairs loudly while talking loudly. Finally, the car was started, the doors slammed and off it goes up the drive reving loudly. This isn’t really want you want when on holiday! Add this to persistent dog barking we often heard and I’d say you certainly want some ear plugs with you if you book here.

The pool area was quite nice but not as clean as the pictures showed and the pool itself was a little dirty with some fallen leaves and foliage in it - maybe to be expected in the middle of September.

The kitchen is functional but basic, the bed was relatively comfortable but the pillows were terrible.

Probably wouldn’t book to stay here again as the negatives did outweigh the positives.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2018

It is a typical farmhouse of the Tuscan countryside, a bit hard to get to, there are no solutions to reach it other than by the car, no customer service at any train station in the area. The apartment I stayed in is very nice, equipped and big enough for four people. The children's play area is a bit roughing but the pool is a plus, especially in the summer. The area is very quiet. My assessment is low because the managers, I think, they have been a bit abrupt, I had guests for a day, I obviusly warned that they would have been coming, and the owner was always around and looked suspiciously as if I wanted to scrounge the entrance of those friends of mine. This behavior bothered me for a while, made my friends feel uncomfortable, and I do not think I'll ever come back even if I recommend visiting the area because it's very beautiful.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2015 via mobile

I can not imagine a better place to spend holidays with 3 Kids than in this ville. Fantastic location, close to the most beautiful Tuscany and Umbría cities, a dreamful swimming Pool, very nice appartments with all incluyes and an extremelly friendly owner Luca. What else can one wish? We can only recommend it and hope to come again very soon. An Austrian-Spanish Family

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2015 via mobile

Friendly welcome from Luca the owner/manager, a lovely fellow. The hotel is in a lovely position in stunning countryside, surrounded by vineyards, lavender, forests and flowers. There is an abundance of birds and other wildlife, it really is a nature lovers paradise. The owner couldn't do enough from start to finish. The pool is perfect, good size, easy to get in and out, and surrounded by trees though not so many they block the views. Rooms are clean and spacious. Will definitely return for a longer stay next time.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank bostondangler
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We spent three nights at Borgo del Senatore in a one bedroom kitchenette. There are several redeeming qualities including the location and the quiet. I enjoyed the views, the road to the Borgo and the solitude. The room on the first floor was good, but spare. It would be good for children to have the yard. The ping-pong room is a bonus. But unfortunately, though I spend months finding the right place to stay and have stayed at many agriturismos, this one was the most disappointing in 8 years of Italy travel and over 30 stays at agriturismos. When we arrived in mid-June the pool was closed. It was unfortunate that the owner tried to suggest we should have called to see if it was working. We had emailed that week many times and not once did he report this. LIke a bed or a refrigerator, a pool is standard issue in Italy when it is advertised on the site. The owner accommodated this by arranging a nearby pool at a lovely place; however, having to drive 3 miles to pool is not the same as waking up and walking to the pool. The owner suggested the price would be cheaper but E50 over three nights is really not the same as not having a pool. If anything, I can say that the owner is responsive, such as when the pans or knives were broken, or the large dog was roaming around. However not having a pool ruined the whole point of a family vacation in the countryside and could have been alleviated with a simple email.

Room tip: Ground floor for kids will be easy with yard
Date of stay: June 2014