“Disappointing”

Bistro & Bar WATERFRONT
Cuisines: German, International
Reviewed 3 May 2018

What happened to Waterfront? During my previous visit to Heringsdorf and my stay at the Steigenberger Hotel I was enthusiastic about Waterfront, the seafront restaurant that belongs to the hotel. But there is not much left of that enthusiasm. In view of my experiences, I went straight to the Waterfront my first evening in the hotel. Completely different staff from previous time, but that can and does happen in the hospitality industry. But where was the atmosphere, where was the vibe. Furthermore, I noticed that the restaurant came across as chilly, also because there were so few guests. The maritime colors blue and white can then come across as hard and cold. Waterfront has “menu of the day” and “aperitif of the day”, both are recommended on a small display on every table. I chose that first evening the recommendations from the display and was pleasantly surprised. Everything looked very good in terms of presentation and the taste was excellent. Staff was friendly, but a bit dutiful. When I came there the second time that week the restaurant was nearly empty again. No atmosphere, no ambiance. This time no displays on the tables with menu of the day, etc. They came much later, when I had almost finished my dinner, of which I have sent back the main course and that happens to me rarely if ever. Staff opted for an alternative, which in itself was good, but my appetite was gone. The difference with the first evening was too big, very unfortunate. The location itself is great with sea view, a spacious terrace but that’s not good enough to come with a higher rating in this review.

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is very convenient if you’re staying at the amazing Steigenberger Grandhotel and Spa. The menu is a bit limited, and the food was good but not great. The servers were friendly, although a bit slow and inconsistent in their service.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

This lovely restaurant offers inside and outside sitting. It is part of the Steigenberger Hotel, but attracts outside guests, as it is situated directly on the beach promenade.
Food offers something for everyone, incl. for kids, but although the plates are nicely arranged, the food is just ok, no more. With some improvements of the cuisine, this could be a phantastic place. Service is a bit unattentive too.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Great home made cakes in the afternoon - if you can actually get anyone to serve you. All you can eat BBQ on Saturday nights in the summer. Not bad.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

We had lunch in the Bistro Waterfront. The food was delicious, with good size portions. It was a bit windy, so we decided to have lunch inside, but they have a very nice terrasse.
The service was fast and friendly.