All reviews private pool chef ranjan coffee trail duck feeding evening coffee nature walk coffee house special thanks in house chinese cuisine carry bags kopi luwak based resort cycling trails exec chef courteous staff and great food eco resort
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This was my second visit here in 10 months...new additions since my last visit...
(1) Ibnii has opened the lounge bar with an unique karaoke entertainment unlike any other resort (2) Ibnii now has an in-house guitarist who doubles up as a vocalist bringing in some lovely and favorite melodies
Ibnii can pride themselves of their continued commitment of running an eco-sustained luxury resort in the middle delicate western ghats...I had the opportunity to participate in their daily eco-pledge and their commitment goes beyond the pledge and in action from maintaining independent water harvesting to converting bio-waste from kitchen to organic fertilizer...Hospitality, Staff, Service, Spa continue to be exceptional...
Food was excellent...I had a grumpy 1st day due to lack of variety that I was expecting (although taste was very good) but once their Ops Mgr and Exec Chef stepped in and sorted things out...and I had a great time with their kitchen...
I am sure to hit Ibnii again for 3rd time during rainy season...
Kudos Team Ibnii...keep it up...

Room Tip: most rooms have good views - cottages has a tree house setting
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Not sure where to start! Everything this resort offers is just WOW.

When I booked this resort, I was a bit skeptical about the quality of this resort as it doesn't have many reviews here. But at the moment I entered the gates, it proved me wrong. I had made a right choice. Heaven welcomes.

It's a very scenic and beautiful place.

Check-in was smooth. They welcomed us with traditional Namaskara.

Food is delicious. And also serves very good Veg spread. I asked for veg French toast and waffle, they cooked it for me without any hesitations. They serve Fresh bakery items in the breakfast unlike (70%) any other resorts. Really! Everything they cook is finger licking tasty. All the Resturant staffs and chefs are too courteous and try to do their best. Not to forget Mandal here. Already a fan of his service. And how can I forget Yugantar's Live music & songs during the dinner! Kaldi Kappee - the cafe is a very scenic place.

We had booked a Pool Villa. View from this modern room is too cool and gives satisfaction to inner soul. Pool and bathroom were clean. They have smart TVs in Bedroom as well as in the Living room too. I did not encounter any mosquito or insects issue. Also, one other thing I noticed is that - Even though Villas are far from the each other, we didn't feel alone in the night (it's a huge 120 acres property).

This property is too large that it took us 1 hour in the buggy (totally electrical) to explore it. Thanks to Girish for the buggy ride and the Resort tour. Even it took me 4 hours to explore everything by walk! And that views in the early morning and the evening get special mentions.

My 4 years enjoyed a lot. We were lucky enough to enter here during Coffee flower blooming season. The whole resort was smelling like Jasmine.

Thanks to Girish, Sunil, Manoj, Varun, Mandal, and others (sorry I forgot many names) for the excellent service.

I can write 2 full pages on The IBNII. But I have to stop here!

Room Tip: Pool Villa #105-108 are Kid and Senior citizen friendly and also near to the Resturant.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Wonderful place, amazing hospitality, beautiful ambience.
Ok, Im going to describe ewrythng one-by-one.
We visited the place from 26th march -28th march’18 . I recommend personally a 3nights n 4days stay . As the plan was a very sudden one, so we had to leave the place early with a heavy heart.
We had booked Arnetta -beautiful wooden cottage. Frst of all, I want to give 10/10 for the cleanliness. It was so neat n clean and was beautifully arranged. Ewrythng abt it was perfect. If you want some peace n solitude , I wud say this z ur place !!

The complete property is sooo beautiful. And, there are so many activities to do inside the property, u will never be bored.
The place is completely nature infused. It has its own coffee shop , Kaldi kappe , wer they wud take u on a coffee trail and den u cn try each coffee , wic will b followed by a cookie making class .
There is Manza, a perfect place to calm ur nerves , n b relaxed . There is nature wallk activity in d morning n den yoga session , so enerzing n to keep u fresh. ( imissed it though, being soo lazy )
And , and , anddd the food was awesome!! We had 3meals plan , ewrytym they wud surprise u with a deliciously cooked meal ! Once we also had a south Indian thalli , wic was different for a change and was equally good. I luved The fig , the most .
The bar Elevate , is soo awesome, they have a karoake session wer u can sing . And there z a deck wer u cn sit n have ur drink looking at d starry night.
There z also duck feeding activity n fishing wic is equally fun!
Ewrythng abt the place is so well planned and minutely taken care of.!
I wud definitely reccommend this place to ewryone. Its a must visit place at madikeri.

Hoping to visit it soon and for a longer duration.!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We selected the end of March weekend for a getaway at The Ibnii. The drive from Bengaluru was uneventful and even after stopping to take in the majesty of Namdroling, we made it by 1300 - which is the check-in time.

We had opted for a Pool Side villa and on hindsight it was a fortunate choice. 101 was allocated to us and it is at the end of a cul-de-sac. The resort used to be a coffee plantation and has been laid out to minimize the noise and presence of the outside world. Be aware that there is minimal (and even for large parts, no) cellular signal (data/voice) and so, the wireless that is available is likely to be the only way to maintain some conversation. Given the weekend rush, preparations of the rooms took more than an hour during which we had lunch at The Fig. I have no complaints about the delay - it didn't feel long and we spent a bit of time sitting on the bench outside the villa and making plans.

The staff at Ibnii are able to put together a phenomenal and welcoming experience for the guests. From the check-in to the dining experience - each member of the staff is involved and has something to contribute. It has been a while since we felt so at ease and this is a shout-out to the team who make the stay an enjoyable one.

The property has nice walking and cycling trails which provide ample opportunities to take a moment, sit down and look around. Because it has been a coffee plantation, there is good shade among the walk - the in-house naturalist Pradeep is a fantastic raconteur and I'd recommend one of the days of the stay to be the nature walk. Take in the coffee trail walk as well if you want to learn about coffee and especially coffee cultivation in India.

We didn't have any reason to try out the barbecue restaurant. But that is because the meals available at The Fig were delicious. There's a lot of local dishes available on request and do check with the staff on what can be cooked up.

On the last day, from early morning we were treated to a troop of monkeys feasting on jackfruit. They made a mess - but being able to watch the behavior was fascinating.

Room Tip: Opt for the pool side villas
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We celebrated our 2nd Anniversary at Ibnii last week. Must say this is one of the finest property that i have visited in India, which actually contributes to the ecology and ensures its sustainability as well. The Ibnii is located along NH 275 between Madikeri towards Kushalnagar. To be honest, We were a bit apprehensive right from the booking phase as they were not allowing us to book the wooden cottages as we were with our 7 Month Old Daughter. Moreover, when they called to inform to avoid plastic items, for a moment, i even doubted whether i did mistake by booking Ibnii. But as we visited the property, we understood why those restrictions were imposed. Buggy ride to Villa was really an experience on its own.

We stayed at Private Pool Villa, which is luxurious by all standards right from the drawing hall, bedroom, jacuzzi and pool as such. Except that Pool Water is not temperature regulated, rest were fabulous. The F&B team even made our anniversary special by arranging candle light dinner and a special cake ( however, candle light dinner was due to Earth hour celebrations).

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple