“Good pub, good food, dog friendly, amazing location”
Review of The Star Inn

The Star Inn
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The atmosphere was really friendly, staff very welcoming. Really nice traditional pub. Lovely big beer garden right by the river and canal. Good menu that changed daily, food very tasty and good value. Dog made very welcome too!

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (275)

Reviewed 4 August 2021

We visited tonight after reading the reviews on here. I did try to phone ahead but my 3 attempts were to no avail. The menu is very limited and apparently there was a staff shortage, which is fine and not a problem. However, waiting well over an hour for our food, while other people were served ahead of us is not, and had I not asked if our order was on the way, I do wonder if we would have waited longer. The pie I ordered was very nice (£14), as was the falafel burger (£12) my OH had. However, the 2 kids meals cost us £6 each and it was basically 2 frankfurters in a roll with some fries. Don't really think that is worth £6. While the staff were polite, I do feel that it was not a great experience and I would not rush to return. I know it is a weird time due to Covid rules, so I feel bad moaning, but having visited some other pubs nearby during our stay, this was not the best service we have received.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 17 July 2021 via mobile

The pub was offering a very limited menu when we visited due to these difficult times. However what we had was home made and tasty. Great pub.

Reviewed 11 July 2021

Wonderful welcome, fitted me in even though they were very busy and booked up.
Best Fish and Chips I have had anywhere, honestly, that I can remember (and I've had lots as I spend over 200 nights a year away at work!).
I'm really glad the new family have kept it as a 'proper' pub as well as improving parts of it.
At the end of my day it was just perfect, great evening and a nice family run pub, thank you for making me welcome.
Graham Durk
Mumbles
Swansea
UK

Reviewed 10 July 2021

A limited menu at the moment but that’s understandable. No starters though which was a little surprising.
However, the main courses we had were fine and nicely cooked.
Good value for money.