“Excellent”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2017

Went there with my husband for the reception of our friends wedding and everything was amazing!!
Great food and the best service you can get all the staff were very friendly helpful and extremely polite.All the guests were very pleased....
Definitely recommended!!!!!

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

This is probably the best restaurant you can find in the toorak village .
White table cloths and quiet as it is a carpeted venue , this restaurant is probably as good as it gets in the toorak village .
The food is fresh and good , the soufflés are great .
A convenient spot if you live locally ,don't want to go far and feel like a good meal in a place you can actually have a conversation and not yell.
This restaurant does not cope well under pressure so don't go as a large group or when it is too busy as the kitchen doesn't seem to cope well under stress and then the waiting times for dishes totally blow out in to rediculous waiting times

Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

The 5 of us (parents and teenagers) went to Quaff for Father's Day, and I was impressed. We didn't want to go into the city and wanted a nice local. The service was fabulous, the menu selections great and good wine menu. I'm not sure how long this local restaurant has been open, but more than 10 years and I've never been... now I regret. I'm not sure why I've not walked in before, it has white table cloths and large chairs so perhaps I thought it was too formal? It really was lovely and will go again, especially for family birthdays etc! The price was mid range, but a good offering for a local.

Reviewed September 3, 2017

My family and I have come here a few times for lunch. It has never disappointed. We have dined in both the upstairs and downstairs dining area and it both presents a great atmosphere. I do admit the upstairs dining area is somewhat more comfy, but the downstairs area is where all the action seems to be, the wine cellar etc.

My family thoroughly enjoyed their courses here this Father's day. I was not disappointed in the least either. For the entree, I ordered the daily special, which was the oysters with, what I believe, to be a white wine vinaigrette...absolutely superb!! For the main, I had the eye fillet steak, which was equally as satisfying. The potato on the side was absolutely exceptional. The side of broccoli ordered was just so delicious; and the fries were equally as great. As stated, my family thoroughlly enjoyed their meals also.

The wine list was also very extensive and we settled for a Chardonnay from the Margaret River region. Exceptional. I also had a house red with my steak, which was matched the cuisine nicely.

Not many faults at all I can state of this exceptional dining experience, except perhaps there could have been some background music to compliment the dining experience. A+++

Reviewed August 29, 2017

We were guests of a friend dining at Quaff for the first time and were impressed with everything about the experience, meal, ambience, and service.
We were fortunate to get a last table at the last minute on a Saturday evening. Four of us enjoyed a terrific St Emilion Bordeau wine during the evening, no starters, and mains of perfectly cooked Filet Steak, and the men had the Fish Pies. Our steaks were cooked rare, served hot, properly carmelized, thick, tender, and surrounded by pommes frites, with extra side of vegetables ordered to round out the meal. the men both loved the fish pies, an enormous serve with a huge slab of puff pastry baked onto the pie filling, which unfortunately, they said was not hot enough. if the chef thinks the filling will heat up sufficiently while the pastry bakes, he's wrong, sorry. But otherwise they loved it. A great tarte au citron rounded out the desserts, huge serve, tangy, deliciously tart, soft, with terrific pastry. Service was excellent all around.
Highly recommended. Quiet but full crowd, parking nearby.