“Excellent family dinner”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

The 5 of us (parents and teenagers) went to Quaff for Father's Day, and I was impressed. We didn't want to go into the city and wanted a nice local. The service was fabulous, the menu selections great and good wine menu. I'm not sure how long this local restaurant has been open, but more than 10 years and I've never been... now I regret. I'm not sure why I've not walked in before, it has white table cloths and large chairs so perhaps I thought it was too formal? It really was lovely and will go again, especially for family birthdays etc! The price was mid range, but a good offering for a local.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We were guests of a friend dining at Quaff for the first time and were impressed with everything about the experience, meal, ambience, and service.
We were fortunate to get a last table at the last minute on a Saturday evening. Four of us enjoyed a terrific St Emilion Bordeau wine during the evening, no starters, and mains of perfectly cooked Filet Steak, and the men had the Fish Pies. Our steaks were cooked rare, served hot, properly carmelized, thick, tender, and surrounded by pommes frites, with extra side of vegetables ordered to round out the meal. the men both loved the fish pies, an enormous serve with a huge slab of puff pastry baked onto the pie filling, which unfortunately, they said was not hot enough. if the chef thinks the filling will heat up sufficiently while the pastry bakes, he's wrong, sorry. But otherwise they loved it. A great tarte au citron rounded out the desserts, huge serve, tangy, deliciously tart, soft, with terrific pastry. Service was excellent all around.
Highly recommended. Quiet but full crowd, parking nearby.

Reviewed 25 August 2017

A friend recommended this place for us to meet for a light lunch. Parking was difficult - very busy area - but I eventually found street parking about 250m away in a side street. The restaurant is an old wordly venue - starched white linen table cloths. It was peaceful despite being on Toorak Road. There was a lunch special - 2 courses plus wine for $38 but I opted for just a main. Service was friendly but not overt - my friend and I had plenty of time to consider the menu and chat. I chose the fish pie - when it arrived it appeared enormous, but the puff pastry exaggerated the size. The actual contents were about the right size for lunch and were very tasty. My friend had the scallops which were also well prepared. We finished with coffee that was very good. Price was a little higher than I had anticipated, $86 for 2, but I guess that's Toorak.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Had a great birthday celebration with friends yesterday.
They have a great fixed price lunch menu- plenty of good choices.
Food and service exceptional.
Everyone loved their meals, great afternoon
Highly recommend

Reviewed 7 August 2017

Joined a group of about 15 for a Sunday birthday luncheon. Socially it was a lovely event catching up with old colleagues. Being a special occasion we indulged in a few bubbles. Expensive, but good. We were accommodated at the back part of the restaurant which worked well, allowing smaller groups to dine in the front section. Most of us opted for a 2 course menu special..either entree and main or main and dessert. The selection was good and we all enjoyed everything we had. We had a lovely waiter. It wasn't cheap after the champagne, coffees etc, but a really enjoyable afternoon.

1  Thank Christine c