“Lovely local”

Crocodile
Ranked #24 of 59 Restaurants in Cheshunt
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Recently been done up, nice local pub serving reasonably priced pub food that's good for the cost. Found staff friendly and extra star given for being dog friendly...great to have a local we can go to with our dog.

Croc_Cheshunt, General Manager at Crocodile, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Hi Joanne,
Thanks for your lovely review, yes we do love a dog at the crocodile and we look forward to seeing you soon.
regards
Pam

Reviewed 19 February 2018

I booked a table for 3 with the option of my father joining us for coffee and dessert in a wheelchair. I found the space they'd reserved to be a little small for us so they graciously agreed for us to move to a large corner table which was set for 5. My nephew had thought he might join us so this was perfect. They couldn't have been nicer about it. I am Celiac and have enjoyed their extensive GF menu before ...they quickly downloaded it for me to keep ...The chicken & mushroom risotto I chose was delicious. My friends were also impressed with the regular variety offered and thrilled we could all share the potato skins starter because they use dedicated oil for everything fried...and a separate oil for people with fish allergies too. He loved his huge burger and fries and she really enjoyed her pasta dish. When we brought my father down from the Nursing Home next door, they were so accommodating and he had lots of room at the table. The desserts were amazing and we finished off with delicious coffees too. They don't have cinnamon sprinkles for their cappuccino but I know to always carry my own! The atmosphere was delightful...We shall certainly be wheeling my father here again....Thank you for a delightful afternoon.

1  Thank Rona L
Croc_Cheshunt, General Manager at Crocodile, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Hi Rona,
I glad you had a great day and its always a pleasure to have you.I'm extra delighted you could have such a selection from our GF menu. The table you sat at is called table 1 please feel free to request this as you book.We look forward to seeing you soon, I've even picked up some cinnamon for just that occasion!
Kind Regards

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Booked lunch for three. Only appeared to be two waiting on, who didn't seemed bothered whether they served us or not. Had to go up to bar to ask to be served. Very poor customer care, will not be returning.

Croc_Cheshunt, General Manager at Crocodile, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear Stewart,
I 'm very sorry to hear of your disappointing experience with us. I will be fully investigating this issue and re-training the team as appropriate. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I can assure you we normally do provide excellent customer service and if you are willing to give us another chance I know we will do you proud. If you would like to discus this further with me please contact me on crocodile.cheshunt@mcmullens.co.uk.
Sincerely

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Went on a Sunday afternoon.
They were busy as they had a christening in, which I was told quite abruptly about, and there was at least half hour wait for food.
Food when it came was ok, if a little luke warm.
Menu is traditional pub grub, but with the big play area is good for the kids.
Is fine for a meal, but quite expensive for food and drink considering where you are.

Croc_Cheshunt, General Manager at Crocodile, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Dear David,
Thanks for taking the time to review us, I'm sorry to hear your day didn't live up to expectations. We do consider our menu to be competitively priced and appreciate your feedback. I do hope you'll visit again soon to have a better value experience.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Visited on a Friday evening. Approximately only another 10 customers in pub. Food ordered for 6 people, fish tasted wrong when we asked waitress what fish it was she was unsure. Ham egg n chips, eggs were cold and ham had a blue tint to it. Panayn curry nice but very small portions. I was embarrassed as family were visiting and therefore very disappointed. Will not revisit and will not recommend

Dear Maura,
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience with us and would like the opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes. If you would like to contact me on crocodile.cheshunt@mcmullens.co.uk we can discuss this matter.