“Always a treat”

Ranked #3 of 367 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$18 - US$73
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Noir. French inspired, Modern cuisine in an elegant, informal environment. Noir is the first venture for partners Peter Roddy and Ebony Vagg, food and wine lovers as well as hospitality professionals who together with their dedicated team bring a little old world romance to Swan Street. A combination of quality produce and classical technique with a generous spirit and a warm welcome await at this boutique neighbourhood restaurant.
Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

This is the fourth time I've been to Noir and it never disappoints.
Every meal I've ever had at Noir has been well-prepared and delicious.
My recommendations would be the gnocchi or the beef tartare.
The atmosphere is romantic and relaxed.
The service is OK, nothing memorable.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

We chose the set menu for $55 per person which included sparkling wine throughout the afternoon. The menu includes many of their favourite dushes that we had between us on a dinner a few months ago.

This is a wonderful delicious meal created by chefs who enjoy what they do. Plated lovingly and All served by a professional.

A really good restaurant serving excellent food.

1  Thank MarcoAust
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

Menu is not lengthy but I liked the food very much. Oyster shots with Champagne granita and Coriander chilli were amazing. I ordered Murray Cod fish with fresh vegetables as my main and the dish was subtle but tasty. I felt the flavours were just right with nothing over powering. Desserts were just amazing. Their French meringue is an absolute winner! Service was so great in this little homely place and we all had a very relaxed evening with good wine and good food. A very good option in Richmond.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Quick dinner her prior to the Boss concert. Ebony front of the house (partner of chef) was very friendly. Ordered oysters to share with champagne granita, osyters were really fresh, found the granita too sweet. The mains were the high light, my wife had the Murray Cod with fricasse of vegetables and sorrel butter and this was delicious. I had the Potato and thyme gnocchi, baby king brown mushrooms, broad beans and black truffle pesto. Beautiful presentation and gorgeous flavours. Not a large serving but still filling. For wines I had the 2014 Warner Vineyard Roussanne Marsanne which was a good food wine. The wife had 2015 Roland Lavantureux Petit Chablis which she enjoyed so much she had a second glass. With the main I had 2015 Clyde Park Pinot Noir which I found a bit tannic. The coffee I found too milky/malty. Overall an excellent experience and the restaurant deserves support.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

I was recently introduced to Noir which I'd been told was very popular amongst locals. There is a warm and friendly atmosphere, and staff are very pleasant and attentive. In a group of 6 we sampled a variety of meals - lamb, beef, fish and pasta - and all dishes were absolutely delicious. Beautiful presentation and rich flavours, and portions are of a reasonable size. Good dessert menu and complemented by a generous wine list. Highly recommended.