Hotel Macchi(Chatel)
US$119
US$108
1861 Chatel Hostel(Chatel)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$88
  • Free Internet
US$69
  • Free Internet
Central Hostel Chatel(Chatel)(Great Value!)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe bussheetsdishwasherapartmentjacuzzilift
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

I visited in January with my dad and brother for a week skiing in Châtel - we booked as a last minute deal and had been impressed by all the features advertised for the hotel on the website. Unfortunately when we arrived at 1pm we found that the reception was in fact closed between 12 and 5pm - we could have done with being informed of this prior to our arrival! After 4 hours of hanging around we eventually checked in - we were a bit surprised to just be handed a bag of bed sheets and told these were for our beds so we had to set about making our own beds. We then found out we weren't provided with towels - again perhaps this would have been useful to have been told these weren't provided before we arrived (we ended up paying 30 euros to hire towels for 5 days - extortionate!). Car parking was another 25 euros. The bathroom didn't even have a toilet roll. And as for the free wifi advertised this is also not entirely true - there is free wifi in the reception but you had to pay extra for wifi in your apartment. TV was also only available for a charge. And then cleaning charge that was added on was an absolute joke - 60 euros for a cleaner to mop the floor and wipe the surfaces - we still had to strip the beds, wash everything up, take the bins out ourselves etc etc. I refused the offer of the cleaner and we did it ourself, 60 euros well saved. The 'heated pool' was bloody freezing. Finally another really important point is that this accommodation is NOT ski-in ski-out as advertised. It is a 5 minute walk up the drive to the bus stop then a 5 minute bus journey to the nearest ski lifts. This was one of our main reasons for booking the accommodation so safe to say we were disappointed with our accommodation and would not stay here again when we next return to Châtel.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Alyssa K
Reviewed 5 June 2017

The Service was bad when we arrived at the lodge.
The Receptionist was rude when it was my chance to check-in, she was talking with a non costumer and did not seem to notice me.
The Room was pretty small and did not have a lot of space to use.
The location was nice in the mountains but the amount of shops were limited to a few.
I liked the view from the balcony.
I least liked the fact that I had to pay to use the TV.

Room Tip: Please modify the room so that six or four people can move around it better. I was with my family (wife, her sister and my son) and we could barely move around the room. There were no cleaning equipment for the dishes and silverware. The lock in the separate toilet did not work correctly.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

There were 6 in our party so we had the 3 bedroom apartment with a double, twin and bunk room. It was good that toilet and bathroom were seperate. When we arrived we had to make our own beds up. There was a used coffee filter still in machine and hair and a melted chocolate bar under one of the twin beds. The pillows were the worst. It's like they had been machine washed and had gone all lumpy. There was only enough for one pillow each so had to use a cushion off the sofa. They wanted €100 to clean the apartment on departure or we could do it ourselves which we did. Pool was ok but had a large lump of phlegm floating by me while I was swimming g and we couldn't get in sauna or jacuzzi as a large group were hogging both and stayed in the jacuzzi for an hour. The changing room was unisex with no private cubicle and a shelf unit for everyone's stuff. We never even found the bar or dining room. We won't be staying again which is a shame as the apartment itself was a nice size.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank louandcarson
Reviewed 10 March 2017

The accommodation is great; had 2 bedrooms on ground floor at the front overlooking the toboggan field - would be dire if you were at the back or by a lift so clearly got very lucky with this. Super location for the lift at Vonnes, though a bugger of a walk up the slope to get the bus - probably not ideal with small children if you have to carry their stuff too. Easy walk into Chatel at night and felt safe for my teenagers to wander off and return on their own. You need to take everything - salt, washing up stuff etc. They make you wait till 3pm to check-in at which time there must have 50 families desperate to get on with it - this is bad - you pay enough for this and not one person had a smile on their faces which is an infuriating start to any holiday, took over 2 hours to get everyone in - then you have to make your own beds! Extras are piled on - €60 for cleaning (even if you pay you still have to take back sheets, clean fridge, dishwasher & so on), we definitely left it cleaner than when we started!, €25 for the car park, €30 for internet - which didn't work as we were out on the end! See photo for full details. Staff attitude was appalling, they were rude to everyone from what I saw, all nationalities including children. Pool, Jacuzzi & sauna are tiny so rammed and probably not that hygienic (better off using the Forme D'O in town). Would return but only to the same apartment and would be wiser to all the extras and check-in/out issues.

Room Tip: C05 - corner ground floor on very end of complex
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

If you are not here between 5 and 7 you will be turned away and have to sleep in you're car!!!
With that being said the good and bad of this hotel.
Good, it's cheap.
Bad. The beds.. well I've had better beds camping or sleeping in a bathtub. Don't expect a nice bed after a day on the hills.
The hot tub is cold and very small. The pool is alright with nothing special.
The staff don't care one way or another if you're happy or not... I didn't say or care to say how much their hotel sucked.
They charge you 10 euro for a towel... also be warned you need to bring you're own soap *as I always do* but tp... this is a first... I've spent time in many third world country's with far better hotels for 10 bucks a night.
Yes you are here for the mountains... but after reading so many good reviews I thought it wouldn't be so bad.
We ended up calling hotels.com who got us a room the night the hotel wouldn't let us check in after hours for free... yes I do alot of bookings thru them. But they didn't have to do this and that goes along way...
As for this hotel, again it's cheap and you get what you pay for.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family