“Amazing Trip...Coming Back!”

Believe Surf and Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: A DAY WITH US Wake up in the morning to catch the perfect, glassy waves.. Come back to find a healthy, nutritious breakfast waiting for you. Schedule your day around a yoga session to ease your body and mind into holiday mode but don't forget to take some sun at the pool. Meet you at the beach at sunset for a bonfire before retreating back to the lodge for dinner. WHAT WE OFFER: - Surf lessons with groups of no more than 3 people with fun, qualified instructors - Yoga lessons in the jungle deck to connect you with nature and yourself. - Freedom to do as you please but organised activities like group dinners, ATV adventures to nearby waterfalls, zip lining and horseback riding for when you feel like meeting new people and becoming part of an international family. - Best deals in accomodations and meals. - Assistance with your arrival or departure including flight reservations, shuttle bookings and airport pick up. Can't decide? Read our reviews for honest feedback from past guests.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my first solo trip, and overall it was a great experience. The people made me feel comfortable, and they were very responsive and accommodating — from taking care of the technical details to giving recommendations for fun places to check out.

I didn’t have a chance to meet most of the staff, but Uky was an amazing host and super friendly. Great guy, through and through.

The surfing classes were fun, but while I would definitely do it again, the instructor wasn’t as supportive as I was expecting based on the rest of the experience. It was our first time surfing, and many of us were surprised that we used the hard boards instead of the foam ones which were painful.

As for accommodations, I stayed in a private bungalow at Funky Monkey. Waking up every day to the sounds of nature was amazing. The room was well-maintained and clean, but there was no warm water. A bit rough at times, but manageable. There was also a lot of construction across the street at the time, which was loud and wafted the smell of paint in to the air. I didn’t spend much time in the room during that time, but when I was there, it was a bit hard to relax as a result.

The package included breakfast and dinners, all of which were delicious. They did however have recurring food shortages, like their infamous acai bowl, and part of the menu was unavailable at times. The great common area though, and the staff was very attentive and kind.

I also scheduled 3 yoga classes, but they are a bit difficult to secure because of frequent last-minute cancellations. I only ended up doing 2 classes, but I got my money back for the one I didn’t take. A bit bummed about missing out on the third because they were fantastic.

Overall, I highly recommend Believe Surf and Yoga and would definitely like to go back. I’m even encouraging my partner to take a similar trip.

2  Thank Polina J
"guacamole"
"checking in"
"us dollars"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is absolutely FANTASTIC. Excellent service, everyone is smiling and very friendly. We had the best time there and will gladly go back.

2  Thank Babek N
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I totally recommend this experience. A perfect balance of total relaxation and being active. The staff take amazing care of you - they're there for you with any questions or concerns you might have throughout your stay. The food was fresh and delicious. The surf instructors were super skilled, knowledgable, patient and supportive :). The yoga was a bit hit and miss (just depends on your style/ the instructor's style). I would definitely do this trip again.

1  Thank mammamanna
Reviewed March 9, 2018

Believe Surf and Yoga is simply amazing. If you are looking for a place to relax and take care of yourself, it is the place to go. The Yoga teachers are sooo good, same for the surf teachers. The beaches are beautiful. The Believe team is making you feel welcome and arrange everything for you. Airport pickup, surf lessons, any special needs you might have, they are there to help! Thank you all for that amazing week I spent with you there. It is for sure, that I will go back! Pura Vida!

1  Thank Julie S
See more reviews
Reviewed March 7, 2018

What an incredible trip! The Believe staff made my trip so memorable and I can't wait to go back. This was my first solo trip and I met several other solo travelers. Uky coordinated our surf lessons, recommended several local restaurants and hiking spots, and was such an amazing host! Believe does an incredible job of coordinating your transportation to get to Santa Teresa, coordinating your lodging, pairing you with the appropriate surf instructor and surf spots (no more than 3:1 ratio), and ensuring you are well taken care of during your stay. What I found really nice is that nothing is really scheduled a part from your surf lessons and whenever you want to go to yoga. Plenty of time to explore on your own, lay on the beach, and play in warm water! I will definitely be back with Believe!

1  Thank Nate L