Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$128
View deal
eDreamsUS$128
PricelineUS$128
Agoda.comUS$127
TripadvisorUS$128
All reviews pork sea view few drinks very pleasant stay many thanks family room helen sofa venue
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2021

Wow, we’ve just finished a fantastic Cracked Pork Belly, mash and veg and BLT Burger. We were quite nervous having a ‘meal’ delivered but so pleased with the result.
All arrived hot, fresh, well packaged and tasted fantastic.
Would definitely recommend it.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 30 September 2020

We were in a family room (104) which looks nice however if you look a little closer you start to spot things, drink spillages on nearby spaces, also found a dried up contact lens which I stepped on with bare feet.
The old design of this building matches the cracked old windows which we had to prop open and then the room door kept banging through the night, managed to wedge it with something after it woke me up.
The floorboards are easily the worst feature in our room and listening to the room above.
The breakfast was lovely and the staff really quick.
No parking/on street was an annoyance and whoever said there was lots of parking was lying because the road the hotel is on is chocker!
I personally would have been happier paying £70pn for this room instead of £197 for 2 nights.
Staff were fantastic.

1  Thank JoMoogle
ray bezani, Owner at The Anglesey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2020

Dear JoMoogie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I'm sorry to read about the issues you have raised. This is certainly not our usual standard and I have now followed up with our cleaning team to ensure all our rooms are up to standard regardless of the situation we are currently in.

Unfortunately due to the building being so old we do get the occasional squeaky floorboard but I will be looking into the issue you have raised.

I'm pleased you enjoyed breakfast and staff were quick and fantastic. I will pass this on to them.

With regards to on street parking usually it is quiet but we do let guests know we can't predict if there will be parking spaces due to being so close to the beach as it is often used as parking for that plus the residents in properties along the Crescent. Apologies this was passed on to you differently.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 September 2020 via mobile

First time travelling since lockdown, as busy working in healthcare.Travelling to visit hubby's family. Staff we met were lovely and helpful. Went to our superior double room with seaview, lovely views. But heavens above the room was not clean and furniture was in need of repair/replacement. There was coffee/tea drips down the furniture and dried milk, the cream leather sofa was filthy. Staff kindly moved us to another room in the newer part and this room was nice, but view was the local graveyard and not the lovely seaviews. We ordered room service as I'm still concerned about mixing with others...the evening meal was hot and tasted fabulous. However breakfast,which looked really nice and also room service was, 10 minutes late, not covered and cold, so not impressed.I must add the staff were polite, courteous and couldn't do enough, but were let down by the cleanliness. I understand its difficult for businesses at present however it is important to assure customers that cleanliness is the highest of their agendas, otherwise customers will not return.

1  Thank mariabY2416BT
Reviewed 9 September 2020

We came for lunch. It used to be very good value, a starter, main and desert, can't remember how much it was but it was good value. I have had a stroke so eating out is difficult for me. This time there was no starter, just a main and a desert. For the first time ever my husband sent his fish back as inedible He had a hug amount of batter filled with nothing ;but a grey very unappetizing piece of fish in it. My pork was OK if a bit dry but edible. We were very disappoiinted and it will be a while before we return. The deserts used to be a delight this time the chocolate brownie was quite dry and stuck to your teeth. No sign of the chocolate sauce that was supposed to come with it. . Sadly not like it was this time last year. The last time we came here was for my 70th birthday on lockdown day. There were about 10 of us that time and the meal was really nice. The desserts delicious.

Dear jeanF,

I'm sorry to read your review! We had changed our offer to '2 dine for £19.99'during the summer months which was a main and dessert for 2 people which was extremely popular. Now the winter menu has started we have gone back to our old offer of 1, 2 or 3 courses for a set price.

With regards to your fish, unfortunately our supplier sent us the wrong order on the day but this has now been rectified and have our usual supply back in. Apologies this was not up to standard on the day!

We do hope you join us again for lunch.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2020

We weren't expecting such an architectural jewel in such an obscure location. We walked to creek and could have walked to beach in 10 minutes.
Clean, pleasant hotel with pleasant staff. Good Covid practices.
We were in room 107 which was a standard double, overlooking carpark but clean & adequate, although the tap was loose. The noise carried from below.
Breakfast was very good qualirty altho we weren't offered toast which was part of the meal.
We came from Portchester and went on to Titchfield carboot sale the Titchfield Haven Nature reserve which we highly recommend. The hotel is well located for both these places and Portsmouth and Southampton

1  Thank Theleesofinchley