“Craving the food everyday”
Review of The New Bengal

The New Bengal
Get food delivered
Ranked #5 of 161 Restaurants in Gosport
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Experience the very best of both modern and traditional Indian cuisine from some of the great regions of the sub-continent. Served in a vibrant contemporary atmosphere by prompt, efficient and friendly staff.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The best curry we've had. Ever. We had multiple dishes shared between us. Every dish was amazing.

Food was fresh, full of flavour. Staff attentive & polite.

Only critique, please get a couple of baby chairs.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (421)

Reviewed 21 August 2021

My family have been eating here for years. I have been disheartened for years. Over the past 4 years I have eaten here perhaps 6 times. Each time the pieces of meat, chicken or lamb, seem to get smaller and smaller and be more scarce. The prawns are tiny sandwich prawns and if you opt for king prawn they are chopped up into small bits. My favourite thing to eat is a keema naan. There is hardly any meat inside, it is coloured red and has a tiny meat flavour. I get that times are hard. But I would rather pay a little more for a better quality meal. Come on New Bengal, what are you doing. I don't understand how people still come in. I guess the beer is good though, you are the only restaurant serving bottles of Bangler locally. Sorry to be negative. But I am quite passionate about curry. Making it and eating it, and I am so dissapointed here over the course of the past few years. Why do I keep coming back occasionally, peer pressure, when I am dinning out as part of a group, but not my choice.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 16 August 2021 via mobile

We went here for my birthday as had been recommended. We have lived in the area for about 2 years but had, of course, been locked down for most of it.
This little restaurant was very friendly and clean. The food was fabulous. I have eaten in many restaurants and this is highly recommended. The courses came out in a very timely many and we all agreed that the dishes were lovely. I had a dhansak. My fav!
Looking forward to going back

Date of visit: August 2021
1  Thank 3elliotw
Reviewed 6 August 2021 via mobile

The best place to order takeaway Indian or eat in in Gosport. We order a variety of food each time and it’s always delicious and fresh. Would recommend.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank Victoria P
Reviewed 26 July 2021 via mobile

Ordered food dreadful.Kashmia chicken turned up looking like pink blancmange and was so sweet it tasted like cake mix. Parathas a disgrace the rest of the food just so average and not cheap at £30.

Date of visit: July 2021