“Perfect for all levels”
Review of R&J Ski School

R&J Ski School
Reviewed 17 March 2018

I spent a weekend in Poiana Brasov and took 2 1-2-1 sessions with Vali from R & J. I would highly recommend. Great instructors - English speaking - great service and equipment.

1  Thank Adrian90
"safety"
"knowledge"
"snow"

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

My partner and I had never been skiing and turned up to R&J ski school not knowing anything, we were fully taken care of and didn’t feel silly about our ski level at all. Roxanne was our ski instructor and she was absolutely amazing! So lovely and helpful! They took us to the slope at the start of the day and picked us up at the end so we didn’t have to worry about transporting the skis. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to hire ski’s or get ski lessons in Poiana Brastov

1  Thank Tegan W
Reviewed 24 February 2018

I can highly recommend the Skiing school of Roxana and Janin.
I have skied once before when I was very young, so I really wanted to learn to ski now, by the age of 20.
I took ski lessons for 4 days, each day 2 hours.
I found the ski school in the internet because of their good recommendations and booked the ski lessons via e-mail, which was very easy.
My family and me also rented ski equipment there which was very good, because we could leave our equipment there over night.
After the first day of ski lessons, I was able to go on the blue slope.
The 3rd day Janin took me to the black slope and I really enjoyed it.
By myself I would not dare to go on the black slopes but with Janin it was very good and I felt comfortable.
I really enjoyed the ski lessons because I got so many helpful tips and because Roxana and Janin are very friendly people.
Janin and Roxana and all the other ski instructors of the ski school are really nice and we felt very welcome when we came to the ski school.
My sister who already is good at skiing also took lessons for one day which she really enjoyed as well.
So we can recommend the skiing school for beginners but also for people who are advanced at skiing because Roxana and Janine are professionals.

2  Thank leovansel
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

We found this ski school using trip advisor and after reading all of the positive feedback decided that this was right for us. We were a party of 4, one teenager, grown up son (24) and my wife and I. Only my 24 year old son had skied before and so the plan (after consulting with the school via email)was to have two instructors for a three day period, one dedicated to improving my eldest son's technique and the other with me, my wife and my 16 year old son. My wife and I are in our 50's and frankly we were a little nervous. We needn't have worried. Btw, the communication prior to us coming to Romania was first class and after sending a small deposit we had secured our booking.

Our two instructors were Roxana and Janin. Roxane took the 3 of us and Janin instructed my eldest son. The quality of the tuition was amazing and was very obviously designed to build confidence and skill. By the 3rd day we managed to get on to the mountain and descend a blue slope. I should also mention that the nursery slope is very good too. Its around 400m and has an ever increasing gradient as your skills improve.

The people in the school were all very friendly and one of the ski instructors even booked a restaurant for one of the evenings. The quality of the ski equipment, complemented the instruction and was excellent.

I can't thank Roxana and Janin enough and would highly recommend this school as I would also highly recommend the resort. Such a cool place with amazing friendly people.

We will be back next year for certain.

2  Thank David P
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 February 2018

R&J offers a lot more than a standard ski school. It provides a complete solution by offering a high qualitative service. It is a one stop shop: one can hire all the gear, receive competent advice and ski instruction, stay safe and most important have a fun day on the snow!
The gear – high quality skis and boots –one of the best, if not the best in Poiana Brasov.
Advice –Because of the high quality service the team is offering, a friendly conversation prior to choosing the gear, will provide valid suggestions ensuring you will get the most out of your day on the snow. The team is really committed to your safety by providing the right gear. As much or as little you know about snow sports, the team will back you up by providing the right advice and quality skis. I rented two different race skis from them, and both were professionally waxed with sharp edges. Just what the Doctor recommended!
Ski instruction – Amazing would not even begin to describe it.
My daughter (five at the time) absolutely loved the lessons with Roxana (the R in R&J). Roxana helped her to correct some bad habits, thought her new skills and both had a lot of fun!
Myself…..I had Janin (the J in R&J) as an instructor. I think he was either born with the skis on, or put them on before he learned to walk. Of course this is not possible, but the amount of experience and knowledge he has is amazing. Most important is his ability to pass on skills to the student. In my experience it is truly difficult to find an instructor who is a very good skier and an equally good teacher (note the use of word teacher instead of instructor). My experience, after a few runs: I’ve tested my limits by discovering muscles I never knew existed, I was happily tired, I corrected bad habits, I tested the limits of the equipment and the word that kept coming to mind was WOW this is awesome.
When in lessons the school provides transportation to the slopes, which I also found very professional and convenient.
This is a small business driven by the owner’s passion for quality, from gear to ski instruction and general advice!
Highly recommend them to new or existing skiers.

1  Thank Alex J