“WOW this is awesome”
Review of R&J Ski School

R&J Ski School
Reviewed 6 February 2018

R&J offers a lot more than a standard ski school. It provides a complete solution by offering a high qualitative service. It is a one stop shop: one can hire all the gear, receive competent advice and ski instruction, stay safe and most important have a fun day on the snow!
The gear – high quality skis and boots –one of the best, if not the best in Poiana Brasov.
Advice –Because of the high quality service the team is offering, a friendly conversation prior to choosing the gear, will provide valid suggestions ensuring you will get the most out of your day on the snow. The team is really committed to your safety by providing the right gear. As much or as little you know about snow sports, the team will back you up by providing the right advice and quality skis. I rented two different race skis from them, and both were professionally waxed with sharp edges. Just what the Doctor recommended!
Ski instruction – Amazing would not even begin to describe it.
My daughter (five at the time) absolutely loved the lessons with Roxana (the R in R&J). Roxana helped her to correct some bad habits, thought her new skills and both had a lot of fun!
Myself…..I had Janin (the J in R&J) as an instructor. I think he was either born with the skis on, or put them on before he learned to walk. Of course this is not possible, but the amount of experience and knowledge he has is amazing. Most important is his ability to pass on skills to the student. In my experience it is truly difficult to find an instructor who is a very good skier and an equally good teacher (note the use of word teacher instead of instructor). My experience, after a few runs: I’ve tested my limits by discovering muscles I never knew existed, I was happily tired, I corrected bad habits, I tested the limits of the equipment and the word that kept coming to mind was WOW this is awesome.
When in lessons the school provides transportation to the slopes, which I also found very professional and convenient.
This is a small business driven by the owner’s passion for quality, from gear to ski instruction and general advice!
Highly recommend them to new or existing skiers.

1  Thank Alex J
"safety"
"knowledge"
"snow"

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I returned to Poiana for private ski lessons and chose again the R&J ski school.
High level of profesionalism, excellent communication, excellent instructors and stress on safety (I had the chance to take lessons with more than one instructor, and each one improved something).
I also rented skis from the ski school (they also have a ski equipment rental shop) which are of a very high quality and maintained personally by the school owners / managers (in the past I have rented skis from a different source, the equipment was of low quality and badly maintained).
Highly recommended.

1  Thank FrequentTravelerTA
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Excellent school
We finally learned how to ski.
From my young son and 50 years old husband.
The instructor Roxana was great and the equipment and support was excellent

1  Thank gili h
Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Despite finding it rather difficult to book lessons over the phone/email, I am very pleased I persisted and got some lessons for me and my girlfriend.

It was my second time in Poiana and this time around, the equipment was much better than the one rented in my previous trip and the instructors ( Alex and Andrew) were very patient and profesional. Andrew was pushy but never crossed the limit, which was great. I feel he taught me some very good tips and he came accross as a guy that takes pride in his job.
Alex did great too whith my girlfriend who never skied before and his english was great. By day four, my girlfriend completed a blue run by herself.

I would thouroughly recommend these guys.

1  Thank Ciprian C