All reviews lovely pool area boiled eggs this lovely hotel by chance up to date thoroughly enjoyed our stay continental breakfast pastries baroque cities old town car vittorio garden gps pietro
Reviewed 1 December 2017

I have booked it few hours before arriving informing the reception about my late arrival (9.30pm). I have asked for a nearby restaurant and they proposed their Chef, Giorgio Cicero's menu.
After few minutes I have received their email confirming booking and their full menu. Enough a quick look and I have confirmed the dinner.
After few minutes I have realized I din't mentioned I had my dog, a 2 years male black labrador. Their answer was straight: - No problem, we are a fully pet friendly hotel.
In the room I have found a bowl for the dog with some biscuits.
I have enjoyed the meal, the food was superb as the wine they proposed.

Room Tip: I have visited on low season, so it was all quite, however the hotel is in a very quite area.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with friends
modicapalace, Responsabile reception at Modica Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear LuigiFabrizio,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We are very proud about your satisfaction, also for our attention to pets.
We really hope to see you again at the Modica palace Hotel

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Modica Palace Hotel is stunning. The staff are all very helpful and friendly, a particular mention goes to Maurizio (sorry if I spelt that wrong). His guidance and support on where to go and how to get there was invaluable to our holiday. One thing I will say however is that if you are looking to stay here it would be wise to get a car as the hotel is out of the way with regards to the centre of Modica and any other amenities. It cost us a small fortune in taxi fares getting to and from places.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
modicapalace, Responsabile reception at Modica Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Dear Pete G,

Thanks a lot for your feedback, we will forward your compliments also to Maurizio that of cours will appreciate.
We really hope to see you again at the Modica Palace Hotel

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Great rooms but not meant for people who want to sleep in. The first night i was woken up at 9:30 by a very loud old lawnmower that was excatly under our balcony and it went on for 45 minutes. The staff know that it's going to wake everybody up, but they just dont care. The second day I woke up by all the people being very loud in the hallway going to breakfast at 7:00. The walls are very thin, you can hear absolutely everything. Woman in the room next to us was calling someone from 8:00 and I could hear every word she said. That's just really great when you want to sleep and have a long drive ahead of you. I went to the recption to complain and asked for a late check out. 10 minutes after that the house keeping started to clean the rooms next to us (at 10:00) with the vacuum cleaner. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to sleep till later than 7:00.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SoniaS1730
Reviewed 1 October 2017

We were travelling on a coach tour of Sicily with Cosmos Tours. Our room was fine, clean and everything we needed for a few nights stay.
The grounds are nice with a large swimming pool and plenty of sun loungers.
The restaurant staff need more training, as the service especially on an evening was very slow.
At breakfast you received one free hot drink then had to pay for further drinks if needed!! Breakfast is self service with the usual cereals, yoghurts, pastries, and unfortunately the fruit did not appear fresh, and in our opinion wanted throwing away not eating. It was well past its sell by date.
The food on an evening was terrible. portion sizes were small. We continually went to bed hungry.
The first evening the starter was pasta - small portion, this was followed by a dish of what looked like baked beans and a lump of fatty belly pork which was disgusting.
The second evening wasn't much better - again small portions - risotto which was bland followed by soup which had a chicken leg on top of it.
The third evening we received pasta again, followed by 4 small pieces of pork, accompanied by what looked like a potato cut up into 5 pieces.
On the third evening we spoke to the manager about the meals and he was rude and very ignorant towards us, and he stated 'its a matter of opinion'.
We would not go back to this hotel if they paid us to, the food is disgusting, the staff need more training, and the manager's brother who is apparently the chef needs sacking!

Stayed: September 2017
2  Thank Bev86England
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Pleasantly modern-feeling hotel with a nice design. Served all my needs for one night. Breakfast service could have been better though: it was supposed to start at 7am, but at 7.30 breakfast still wasn't entirely ready.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
modicapalace, Responsabile reception at Modica Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Robert16,

Thanks a lot for your feedback. For sure we will note both your compliments and also your disappoint about breakfast. Anyway, we really hope to see you soon at the Modica Palace Hotel