“Beautiful Food”
Review of Carbones Place

Carbones Place
Ranked #5 of 12 Restaurants in Macleod
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Went to Carbones for dinner with family. Very friendly staff but don't expect fine dining environment . Food was beautiful, home made pasta was brilliant and teenage son rated the parma. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 29 April 2017

This small licensed/BYO family-run restaurant is a local gem and should be better known. While the venue is small, the menu is surprisingly large. We get take away from here almost weekly and eat in on special occasions. As vegetarians, we can't comment on much of the menu, but the vegetarian pizzas (there are four on the menu) are the best around by a mile. We also love the eggplant parma. If you are a chip lover, try their their home-cut potato chips and eggplant chips - absolutely delicious.

Try it you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

I took my wife out for an evening meal and the food was quite enjoyable and they are both BYO and licensed. I like kids, but there were some very noisy ones running around that spoiled the ambience.

Reviewed 27 December 2016 via mobile

An unassuming little pizza place that serves the most tasty, thinly based pizzas going around. Family owned and run, the owners pride themselves on serving the freshest ingredients and preparing their own preserved meats and home made sausages. Great little family pizza place.

Reviewed 20 November 2016

On Saturday night I went with a group of 12 to this eatery. I can't fault the staff who were friendly and helpful, however I had the worst meal I can remember (and I'm NOT a fussy eater!) The other person who ordered this agreed. It was expensive at $28, the chicken & fish were so overcooked and had dried out so much that I needed water to move them out of my mouth. The mussels had been so overcooked that the shells shattered and the mussel was shrivelled up to almost nothing inside. The calamari was tough and the rice was a big gluggy mess with a synthetic type taste and no chorizo & spring onion as stated on the menu - may have been a packet risotto & not home made??? I can only write about the dish I ordered and in all my reviews I have NEVER had to do one like this - I really should have sent it back to the kitchen! I won't go there again.