“Nice venue for lunch before a nice walk along the Boulevarde.”
Review of Sans Rival Bistro

Sans Rival Bistro
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Dumaguete City
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 August 2016

Went there for lunch, the place was very full but well staffed. There were feral kids running around but that's all I could see wrong with the place. YOU MUST HAVE THE SILVANAS...TO DIE FOR!!!!

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (307)

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

You can't leave Dumaguete without dropping here for your pasalubong for your family and friends - Sansrival and Sylvannas!

Try also their gourmet meals, cakes and pastries for your lunch or dinner or even just for a tea break.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Food is great and the price is a big surprise - it's cheap. No wonder it's retirement paradise. It says something of their most well-known specialties (the sans rival and the silvanas) when people equate Dumaguete for these delicacies.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Aside from the sans rival and silvanas, tiramisu cake was so good! Also for the swordfish meal, the fish was very fresh and delectable

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 9 July 2016

I visited Dumaguete 8 years ago & had gone to their original shop. I vaguely remember not liking the desserts, but since that's a while ago, decided to give it another try. Ate here 3 times:

1) lunch -- choices were mostly Western. Nothing really appealed to me, so we just went with the mixed tapas plate with a side of rice. The thing I liked best about the plate was the bread, so that says something. The calamari was okay, too.
2) after-dinner dessert -- we were supposed to have ice cream, but the place no longer existed, so we came here. Ordered silvanas & sans rival w/ tea. Tea are in bags. Desserts are too sweet. I liked the chocolate silvanas best out of the 3 things I tried. Good service.
3) breakfast - as this was close to my hotel, thought we'd get breakfast here before heading to airport. It doesn't open til 7, so had to wait 10 minutes. We did not get our order until 35-40 minutes later -- how hard is it to make fried stuff? I got the chorizo plate. Meh. They should replace that Spanish chorizo with Cebuano chorizo instead. I had ordered the Dumaguete plate, but ended up not having it because they said their mangoes are spoiled, even though I said I'm okay with no mangoes. But with there being no time (I basically ate in under 10 minutes--maybe even 5), I didn't bother arguing.

So, the place is nice. The location is nice for hanging out. The food? Not so much. Service? Spotty. I think #2 was the only time we had good service.

1  Thank islddreamer