“Best silvannas”

Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Dumaguete City
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Best silvannas I've tried. The place is a bit of a throwback to the 50s or 60s with its wooden construction and old architectural design. Good place with good food and fairly priced.

Date of visit: May 2016
Write a reviewReviews (307)

Reviewed 28 May 2016

Well, we all know that the sans rival is a dessert best made by Sans Rival of Dumaguete. So yeah, this place is a must try. You have two options to try this place out. They have the Sans Rival Bistro which is almost a fine dining place (nice ambiance) and the lower key casual dining place beside it that is open until 9 pm. The place is located opposite Jose Rizal bay walk and has a good view of the sea. FYI, the bay walk faces east so you get a good sunrise view but no sunset. Read their menu and try out their offers. HOWEVER, do NOT forget to order their Sans Rival dessert. It comes in butter or chocolate. Great and wonderful dessert. If you plan to bring some home you have to remember that this dessert has to be kept cold or frozen so if you do not have good packing skills go buy a small insulated thermal bag at the the mall, a couple of reusable frozen ice packs and have it all FROZEN at your hotel so it can survive the trip via airplane or boat. I was able to make mine survive the 48 hour trip by having it re-frozen at every place I stayed at.

Reviewed 27 May 2016

Spending late night quality time with friends over yummie cakes = bliss.

This could be a habit especially when we just moved to Siquijor. :)

Reviewed 26 May 2016

The price is reasonable so it's good place to dine..The bistro is a converted house fronting Rizal Boulevard.

Reviewed 6 May 2016

We had lunch here before our scheduled ferry transfer from Dumaguete to Siquijor. We had a table outside, it wasn't too hot anyway, so that's fine.

My friend and I ordered for the same grilled fish with rice and mango salsa.
I didnt like the mango salsa, at least paired with the fish, but I have to commend as the serving amount of the fish was, I think, more than enough for 1 person. I didn't like the fact that my fish was not fully grilled/cooked, as there was a portion which was still raw. I assume this was because it came from the fridge and didnt defrost properly, or maybe because the fish was just too thick.

The price is reasonable so it's good place to dine.

Date of visit: April 2016