All reviews buffet breakfast walking distance nice hotel worked fine hotel restaurant mini bar spacious room i highly recommend this hotel fried fish wifi connection central location free water rizal blvd enjoyed my stay silliman university cable tv mango
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Hotel Essencia is always been my choice when going in Dumaguete.

Its my second time here in Hotel Essencia.

Price 5/5

Will I go back?

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2018

HOTEL ESSENCIA – DUMAGUETE
The hotel is large and well appointed in the lobby area. Parking was never a problem which was refreshing.
We had asked for a non smoking room with a King Bed. On our arrival we were told all the King Bed rooms were at the front of the hotel by the roadway. We were told many customers complain about the noise. I asked a stupid question as to why the king beds were not moved to the interior of the hotel. There was mumbling but no answer ~ to complex of a question…
The stay was not enjoyable for these reasons:
1) When entering the “non smoking” room for the first time, the smell was terrible from smokers. Rather than complain on deaf ears and the stay of only two nights, we opted to just deal with it.
As a result of the smokers, the bed smelled. There was also a spot on the sheet. Generally this, to me, is not a clean hotel.
2) The shower was to me dangerous. There was “no” temperature control whatsoever. During a shower, even though the temperature was set there would be quick temperature changes. The temperature would go from where you set it to scalding hot to cold very quickly. Not wanting to be burned I didn’t shower the morning we left. Just wasn’t worth the agony.
3) We ordered room service and the wait time was acceptable. Ordering vegetables and a main course, the food arrived on the verge of cold. The food was bland and there was no salt or pepper with the meal. On a scale of 1 -10 the food was a 3.
4) The breakfast was included with the room cost. Again, the food was below average but the fruits were good. The scrambled eggs were scrambled eggs, barely warm.
5) The servers (not all) were selective as to whom they served. People that came in after we did were served coffee and water glasses were filled. Being a ‘’foreigner’’ I had to ask for coffee and water. The servers simply walked by our table without a glance. This rudeness was reflected in the non existent tip! Coffee refills were not offered and had to be asked for.
6) During our time in the restaurant we watched servers (3 at one point) watching a boxing match on the big screen in the lobby.
7) The restaurant was warm and there was no Air Conditioning on while we were there. The table we selected to eat our meal was not level and would tilt badly if leaned on.

This hotel has the possibility to be a good hotel but management seemingly could care less. Would we stay here again ~ never.

Room Tip: My comment about the safe in the room is as follows: Yes, there is a safe but it is a very cheap one AND IS NOT BOLTED DOWN!
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Spacious room! Breakfast could be improved. Not much choices for my foreigner boyfriend. Mangoes was missing which is a disappointment considering its in season! Staff was very nice.

We only stayed two nights and had to leave for Cebu. The only downside is that there is no swimming pool for my kids to enjoy!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Hotel room is clean and spacious. great and safe location and the breakfast is also good. They have accommodating staff and overall we had a good stay. Hope next time the hotel shuttle to and from airport is inclusive of the room package.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2018

We spent two nights at Hotel Essencia before heading south closer to Apo island for Scuba diving. The hotel is a short taxi ride to the boat ferry and a few hundred meters to Sillman University, a little too long to walk to the ferry, the hotel does not have a shuttle to the ferry. Hotel Essencia is probably the best hotel in Dumaguete. The breakfast buffet had a limited selection of cold and hot items, but it was ok. The TV, Safe, shower and A/C all worked fine. The hotel is in the downtown area with lots of shopping within 20 mins. walking. Normally I would rate this property average but you are in Dumaguete.

Room Tip: Higher floor the better due to street noise
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple