“ONLY if you want THE BEST of Dumaguete”

Dumaguete Studio Apartments
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I have used DSA 3 times.1st as a base camp to see if Dumaguete was the place to settle in,then as intermediate/between relocations/moving.Each and everytime Dave & Marisa have made me feel welcomed.Not only do they have local,living experience,but they will share the little "secrets" of living near and around Dumaguete.For those worried about security= RELAX.This place is well lighted & very secure.Laundry if needed handled on premise.ALSO- THEY STANDBY THIER WORDS !! THOMAS BOUTIN

Room Tip: 2nd floor gets better breezes and views
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank thms_boutin

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We spent 10 wonderful days here this month. We knew no one in Dumaguete when we came here, but by the time we left, we felt as if we were leaving our new family. Really, I can’t say enough good things about this place. The apartments are quite nice, with everything you need to stay for the short or mid-term. Comfy bed, air-con, fully equipped kitchen, sheets and towels, TV, fan, etc. Nice sitting area outside, too. We rented a motorbike which was very reasonably priced and mechanically perfect. Dave and Marissa really went “above and beyond” to be helpful and welcoming. I’ll even miss their dog…

This must be the best value in Dumaguete and I heartily recommend it. Why get an impersonal, drab hotel room when you can have your own apartment for the same or even less money? It’s located a few kilometers outside of town, but you can get around easily either by renting a motorbike or taking a trike into town. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2013

When i first came to Dumaguete Studio Apartments, i was really only looking for a place to stay for a week or two, until i knew where to go next on my journey in the philippines. But i ended up staying there for almost 3 months! Throughout my life i have been staying in all sorts of high level resorts and hotels, but i have never encountered an experience of customer service as I did in Studio Apartments. Basically i was treated like family, and whenever a had question or needed a favor, David and has wife Marisa, always tried to help me to the best of their abilities. And in the end, it ended up being quite a number of questions and favors, since it was my first time in the Philippines. But i was always met with a smile and a helping hand. If i were to point out 3 things, that makes this place stand out between all the others, it has to be the level of effort, that the owners, and their staff, put in to make and keep their tenants happy and satisfied. No matter of the tenants period of stay. It could be for one week or one year, the service would be the same. Number two thing, has to be the feeling of the place. Right from the beginning i felt safe, and more than welcome in this place, and as time went by, that feeling grew stronger. Third thing has to be the cleanliness of Studio Apartments. I mean, if you have spent time in the Philippines you know that it is indeed a very very dirty country. By all means. But when you step into Studio Apartments, that image changes. The staff does a wonderful job of keeping this place clean and good looking. I can only hope that my review will make somebody try this place out. I can honestly from my experience, it will be worth the wile.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank ChristianTambo
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I've travelled extensively throughout the Philippines, and was lucky to come across the
Dumaguete Studio Apartments.Our hosts, David and Marisa, were most gracious and kind, the staff very professional and friendly, the grounds very well maintained and organized.In short, it was an oasis in the middle of a bustling city that provides a wonderful respite to all who enter.We enjoyed greatly the month we spent here, and would recommend DSA to anyone.Also, David has strong knowledge of local customs and laws, so if you've got guestions, he's got answers!!

Room Tip: When we we're there, they provided a free motorbike, if you stayed upstairs, it was invaluable!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at the Studio Apartments for more than 4 weeks while diving at Oslob, Apo and Similan Islands in Dumaguete. I was fortunate to stay here after it was highly recommended by a friend of mine who had stayed here and it far exceed my expectations for what I paid. This is the place I will be staying when returning for my next diving adventure.

Very relaxing atmosphere and the location is nicely tucked away and gives solitude when you need it. The rooms were clean and tidy, air-conditioning icy cold, internet connection first class and cable tv. Bikes were available to rent or a driver if required.
Dave he is a gentlemen and a wealth of information not only on diving spots throughout the Philippines but on life in general. He and his family made me feel welcome and I hope you enjoy it too.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo