Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Mark T
Dumaguete City, Philippines

Guilty before proven innocent.

Review of Rovira Suites
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 28, 2024via mobile
Nice clean well maintained small hotel. Rooms and bathrooms are clean and modern. The pool area is a really nice place to relax. The reason why I only gave them 4 stars (I was being generous) was for two reasons. 1. They open the pool up at 0700. Good luck with sleeping in if your room is anywhere near the pool. At 0700 sharp the pool is invaded by screaming kids with zero parent supervision. It's complete chaos. 2. They will not let you check out before they thoroughly inspect the room. I confronted them about their policy and got a complete runaround. What it really boils down to is they want to ensure the guests are not stealing any hotel property out of the rooms. I'm sure they count every glass, cup, towel and anything not nailed down in the room. I even suspect the amount of toilet paper you have used and charge accordingly. The policy and the belief is all guests are potential thieves until proven innocent. No other hotel in the Philippines does this. If something is missing or damaged they charge your credit card for it. Not this place. You are automatically looked at as a potential thief as soon as you enter. At least they are consistent about it. Every guest I've talked to was treated that way.
Date of stay: January 2024
Room Tip: Limited parking at best. No restaurant. Unsupervised screaming kids at pool
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
    ₱917
  • StayForLong
2.9 km from Rovira Suites
View more hotels in Dumaguete City
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2024 via mobile

Everything was fine (clean, well kept) until the morning of check out. At 0730 all hell broke out at the swimming pool. Unsupervised screaming kids in the swimming pool. They woke up everyone in the adjacent rooms. Staff didn’t lift a finger to rectify the unruly situation. Final insult was we were not allowed to check out until the room was inspected. God forbid we took a bar of soap or a roll of toilet paper. In all me time traveling and living in the Philippines I’ve never experienced being classified as a potential toilet paper thief at any resort or hotel. I don’t know maybe they’ve experienced a rash of complimentary soap, toilet paper thefts lately, but for me it was over the top. They have my billing info already. If I used to many sheets of toilet paper bill me! As a result of their petty BS they have lost return business. We won’t be staying there again anytime soon. There are plenty of nice guest friendly 4 star and up places to stay in Dumagete, this isn’t one of them.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2023

So far this is the worst hotel i n Dumaguete... Room is dirty. The pool is even worst, poor mai tenance. Staff iis not friendly.And worst is there is limited parking.PARKING IS ALWAYS RESERVED TO THE OWNER

Date of stay: May 2023
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2023

Good, clean room with nice room service serving good food, nice swimming pool. Nice view from the balcony of the mountains. TV was a good size with excellent channel selection. Wasn't too expensive, but I believe rates have now gone way up.

Date of stay: June 2022
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2022

The staff at the hotel are amazing. They were very helpful. The rooms were clean and the pool was very nice. They booked great excursions for us. We enjoyed our time with Roman and Meljore going on tours set up by the hotel. We would highly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed September 1, 2022 via mobile

Gee! This is one of those places that are reviewed at FIVE STAR and you go to find out… they really deserve it! I LOVE this place!

The front desk staff REALLY set the mood for any stay, and these ladies REALLY warm your hearts with genuine smiles, humorous wit, complete professionalism, and charming & welcoming personalities! A1, 100% could not be any better. First class. The best! The names I most recall are Ariane & Jora, as they truly practice excellence in this sometimes difficult profession.

The rooms are soooooooo clean! So to all the unnamed people who do this job, THANK YOU!

They have a breakfast served almost all day, plus a lite menu. Delicious, affordable, and prompt. As they say this province, it’s LAAMI KAAYO! Great fresh smoothies too!

The owner is a pure Filipino corporation, so no weird overseas influences. I like that.

Plus the have a meeting/banquet facility, beautiful swimming pool although I didn’t try it out, great lobby, and I think 28 overall rooms. The only thing I hope…. Is after all these well-deserved 5-STAR ratings, please don’t raise prices! I will come here again and again and again. Truly love this place! Home away from home.

Room tip: Book direct with hotel if possible, that’s how to get the best rates.
Date of stay: September 2022