Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Priceline
Agoda.com
₱1,862
No booking fees
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

I have been staying in this hotel twice every 2 years and this is the first time i experienced such service. during check in, i politely asked the female front desk staff for a late check out since i have a late flight. The staff agreed and informed me that beyond 3 pm, there will ba an additional charge. upon check out, it was to my surprise that they were asking me for an additional Php 400 pesos for the late check out. i explained that i was given late check out until 3 pm. The other 2 female staff were just looking at me with blank faces and they even made me wait for them to contact the staff that checked me in. Php 400 is a small amount but i am after the credibility and honesty. being a returning guest, i dont think i deserve such treatment. Showers are old and no bathroom mat present. they made me feel that i was lying. Before you book in this hotel, think again. they will change their statement and get money from you. beware!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank MrHotelier08
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is simple but elegant. It is affordable. It is located at the city center so you can reach nearby local restaurants and bar by foot. It is also near the boulevard where you can stroll or jog cause its already shoreline. The aircon rooms are clean and cozy. It has the basic toilettries such as towels, bath tissue, and small soap. So bring your own toilettries. It has a water heater for the shower which is quite impressive. There is a simple plated breakfast so you can pre-order it the day before to decrease waiting time. It is a good choice.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2018

I stayed here for 5 days. Generally, I was not satisfied for the services during my stay, specially in attending the needs of their guests. Drinking water is not available and basic toiletries like shampoo, conditioner and toothpaste are not available. The staff charged me 40 PhP for a sachet of shampoo and a sachet of conditioner which is not worth to pay. And lastly, wifi connecton is very very slow.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Travelling the Philippines for 35 years and many times in Dumaguete I know what you can get at what price. At Hotel Palwa I was for the first time, had a group for work and booked 7 rooms. It is a place where the deal is right. Location in city centre and a short walk away from the Boulevard. They have a small Restaurant offering food of astonishing quality. Even the brewed coffee deserves to be mentioned, not often the case in other places. Rooms are functional, clean and homy not very big though and a bit noise from the street can be a challenge at night. Hot water supply is excellent also something not everywhere available in such abundance.
Nice conference room on 6th floor. Reasonable price and consumable.
Short city break, passing by, or do business, I consider this the best and great deal here.

Room tip: hotel itself is quiet. Traffic from street can be a challenge but it is not unbearable
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank urshebeisen
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

We got a room on the third floor. The room was spacious. There was a big cabinet (with hangers) to the side which was good for us. There was a refrigerator, but it was old. There was a vanity table, thermos, glasses, TV, well-functioning aircon. They provided towels and soap, but no shampoo, toothbrush, or toothpaste. The blanket was thin so we got cold and had to buy thicker blankets from the mall. There is only one pillow per bed. They charge P25/extra pillow/day. They have restaurant which serves okay food for cheap prices. The hotel is at the city center so it’s easy to access malls, restaurants, etc. There is a Robinson’s Supermarket and McDonald’s nearby. You can hear the loud noises of the street. But at night the noises die down. The staff were accommodating. Overall, it was a satisfactory stay.

Date of stay: November 2017