Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$49
eDreamsUS$49
Agoda.comUS$49
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews supermarket mattress fridge bungalow beach zanzibar
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 December 2020 via mobile

I booked a bungalow hoping for a nice relaxing time at a beautiful beach. The beach was beautiful, but this is very low end hostel that felt very unsafe and is very different than the pictures make you think. The bungalow was spacious but filled with mosquitos and the mosquito net over the bed had holes. The door didn’t close properly- a 3cm gap exists even when the door is “locked”- allowing bugs to come in and vulnerable to break ins. The wifi in the bungalow was practically nonexistent and the power went out while we were there even though the restaurants right next to us had power. There is no AC and the fan barely worked so it was very hot at night. There were drunk girls passed out on the lounge chairs with men hovering over them. A total nightmare. Also, there is no alcohol allowed on the property. It wasn’t that big of a deal for us but I think if you have restrictions like that, it should be prominently stated prior to booking (which it was not). Do not recommend to anyone, even if you’re just going to party.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lizzie B
Reviewed 14 October 2020 via mobile

We stayed for 5 days, and had a great time.
Best location on the beach. Close to restaurants, bars, supermarket, center of paje. Great breakfast, great room, super helpful and friendly staff.
Highly recommended!❤️

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2020

Stayed in Ananda for a whole September, I believe we couldn't get a better place in Paje (for sure not in this price range). We got our bungalow basically at the beach, we got our own bathroom, and could use a shared kitchen. Before my trip I was concerned about aircon, at the place it seems like you don't really need one (room fan is enough). There is little fridge and safe at bungalow. You need to consider that sometimes can happen you won't have hot water and local wifi won't be really high speed ( however you can buy an internet card close by - I was able to watch youtube on local sim). It may sound bad, but you need to consider this is Africa so power outages are normal and internet coverage is pretty poor. We was very happy about our month stay at Ananda. The only thing what could be better is getting proper hard bed matress. The contact to the crew is very easy and there is good atmosphere. Overall I believe there are no other options in this price range. I would definitely be back someday.

Room tip: it is literally at the beach
Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 15 August 2019 via mobile

beautiful place, friendly service, good breakfast, friendly people. Mamasita in the kitchen a great woman and cooks delicious. owners very okay and helpful. Very good price for accommodation, amazing view from the houses like in heaven. fast wifi which is a big advantage in such a remote area from civilization, rooms very clean, cleaned every day, we will definitely be back !!!! we recommend it to everyone !!! 10/10 *****
One of our favourite płace In The world.
Beach is The most beautiful in The world.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2019 via mobile

Well what can I say about this place. This tranquil beach house has everything you could wish for from Zanzibar. From the home cooked breakfast in the morning to the super friendly staff, my time here was magical.
I was suppose to stay only a few nights but ended up staying for 5 nights it was that kind of atmosphere. During the off season the area is quite and most places don’t have guests but this place was full the whole time I was there I met a lot of people and made some great friends.

I stayed in both a dorm and double private room. Both where super clean and had a turn down service every day. The showers and bathroom are great too.

You could not be located any closer to the beach they have a secluded garden with swings and loungers that open on top only what can be described as a paradise beach it was such a stunning place.
I want to say a big thanks to Marie and the team at the beach house for making my stay truly memorable.

Date of stay: May 2019