11 people are viewing this hotel
US$172
Free cancellation until 27/05/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$178
Hotels.comUS$178
PricelineUS$172
StayForLongUS$210
2,570 results
All reviews bar manager gosht our honeymoon a la carte restaurants all inclusive package junior suite beautiful resort diving center buffet restaurant infinity pool lunch and dinner beach bar stone town white sand evening entertainment turn down service hakuna matata
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 April 2021 via mobile

A five star rating with a four star experience.Clearly Covid has had an impact on the maintenance and service.The hotel is in desperate need of a clean up and refresh and perhaps more cleaning staff.
The management was slow to respond to customer enquiries but the rest of the service agents from servers to cleaners were just outstanding.
The location of this hotel and the beach is first class.
Food in the Promenade Restaurant (buffet) was atrocious and not near five star standards.
The restaurants(by reservation only) were top class and highly recommended-all three of them.
We will certainly return knowing full well that we should expect no more than a four star facility.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank illumiknow
Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

Well I travel alot and mainly I visit 5 stars resorts all over the world! In This hotel there are many things that makes it different it should be an 8 stars hotel interms of the service and how they treat their guests! I did an accident in stone town and I hurt my back very badly but the team and especially Jhon and the all the staff took a good care of me and felt that all my family were around me! They supported me in each step and if am feeling better today is because of them! There are no words that can explain how thankful I am. Well to start with the team, Jhon is a true angel that mostly did the impossible to makes me feel comfortable and happy also Special thanks to everyone from the supervisor Irosbel that checked on me every other hour to see if I need anything and to all the employees even the gardeners assisted me to stand up several times! Am pretty sure if I will come back to zanzibar again is because of RIU team.
As for the rooms, cleanliness, facilities and food ill keep it for other guests to review it and you can see that there is no single poor comment! Alll is beyond expectations. Again thank you all and I am pretty sure that am coming again soon very soon!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2021

Any of those looking to go on a holiday of a lifetime and celebrate any special occasion, look no further for Riu palace has it all!

My bestie and I were treated like royalty with special mention the Director Mr Hamadi who took care of us every single day with every single one of our requests resolved right there and then. He made sure to treat us and every other guest as if we were family.

last but not least Mr Nitin the Beverage manager went above and beyond to cater for every single one of our requests from the exact minute we want something . He made us feel like Rockstar's, supplying us with bottles of champagne and appetizers to follow good cocktails . If I could recommend two individuals that are a must to deal with if you have any issues/ queries/ concerns would be these two superhumans.

So far, we had 2 staycation at your resort. The first one was in august 2020 and the second one April 2021. We really had a great time there. During our first stay we had an upgrade to the villa and it was WOW ! It has a wonderful view on the sea .. But we were a bit dissapointed to the fact that people don't understand on this covid period they should be happy to stay in paradise . Lagemma is on conctruction and nothing matters , no big noise as people saying , the riu palace with beautiful garden side , clean pathways ..
Your staff are very friendly happy n like to work in this hotel .. they said they are well paid n well pamper.. But among all of them some had our attention. they are below. We were welcomed by this gentleman Mr kasun We were lucky enough to have orisbel who did our check-in both time. She's really nice , attentive, smiling and always here to help.
Mrs amaya from the spa captured our attention, her name really suits her . She has the vibes always smiling bright like the sun. We had one of the best food in thematics with maria was there to help. This guy was really helpful, we talked, we even had 2 cocktails offered by maneno it was deliciously delicious. Mrs Haifa whom we met during our first stay, we had a long talked with her , during our second stay recognise us.
Mr edgar always here to help and advice, these are the type of people who'll make sure the your staycation is going perfectly .
During our second stay we had dinner at IA we were amazed by all the staffs there. they work miles to make us happy. Some names that we still remember is steven (apologies if is mis-spelling). we wanted to go there again during our third and last nite for dinner but unfortunately it was fully booked. The bar is amazing with all kinds of drinks , branded .. curasoa blue cocktail... zanzibar blue the name is amazing.
We drinks lots of sparkling wine but sometimes I understand it's running out as the hotel is full full fulll.. but all very happy
Thanks again and see you soon the riu team

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2021 via mobile

Our 9 days holidays were amazing! Lots of people saying it’s a rainy period abut actually some rain saves from burning sun. Thanks to animation team for activities especially volleyball. Separate thanks to always smiling and friendly Lucas Charles Aidano. We also managed to do diving and the service was just amazing worth paying 100%.The whole team were really nice and helped us very much with our first dive for a long time! Would be happy to come back one day.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

Spent a week at this glorious resort on an all inclusive basis and loved everything about it The room was clean and spacious, the beach is one of he best on the island and the food was delicious with an unbelievable variety. The hotel staff was the friendliest and most efficient I've ever experienced. A special thanks to Ghosh, the restaurants manager, who took care of our every need and couldn't have been more attentive. He really made us feel special. Will definitely go back.

Date of stay: March 2021