“Food and views stunning”

The Landing Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #19 of 90 Restaurants in Wanaka
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, New Zealand
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Offering carefully presented, simple contemporary cuisine, made with the freshest and most local produce available. We keep it seasonal, we make it fresh. We offer classic cocktails made to perfection, wines sourced from the vineyards that surround us and beyond, along with well crafted local and imported beers.
Reviewed March 1, 2018

This restaurant is not on the main drag, which I think if a bonus. Service is very friendly and professional from all their staff, letting you have time to look at the menu and give you as much information of what they are serving, no rush from them and let you have time to talk, what I found nice was they ask you if you are ready for you next course, so you had a bit of time to relax between courses. Food was amazing and we sat on the balcony which only has a few tables but nice to watch the sunset across the lake and mountains. Will definitely recommend to anyone visiting Wanaka, to have an all round postive experience like we did.

5  Thank June S

Reviewed February 26, 2018

Wanaka is a great place to stay, especially now that Queenstown is so crowded. And it's good to see that the food scene in Wanaka offers a lot of choice and real quality.

I strongly recommend you try The Landing when next in Wanaka. My wife and I had dinner there and loved it. It's just a block away from the centre of town, but that's far enough to make it quieter and less crowded - and it's far enough up the hill to offer lovely views of the lake. The food is excellent, with the crispy lamb shank outstanding and the wine list is full of excellent choices with a strong emphasis on local wines.

3  Thank Marcel D
Reviewed February 1, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful restaurant, stunning location, amazing food, attentive staff, an all round positive experience, pure perfection, will definitely return and will recommend to friends and family!

2  Thank Heather H
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Sometimes there is a surpise in a country town.Three friends and I went to an early dinner at the Landing restaurant. We were welcomed warmly with water placed at out table . Once we were settled we ordered drinks and I chose a PInot Noir from. Alexandra ,Weavers. It was the nicest Pinot I have tasted for a long time and served in such gentlemanly fashion by the Maitre D Then dinner, a small menu which I like and I selected the lamb shank. My friends chose fish.. I couldn't believe how beautifully plated my shank was done quite differently to usual, it was cut into small pieces and encircled with a range of herbs. It was crunchy and I had to eat it very slowly to savour it.

We shared a chocolate desert which was also beautifully plated and just the right amount. I will go there on my annual visit to Wanaka. Need I say more .Susan

5  Thank whatsupdoc471
Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed everything about our dinner at The Landing. The staff were efficient and helpful, the food was really delicious with a wonderful combination of flavours, and there was a wide selection of drinks. Everything was reasonably priced and it was a treat to sit upstairs with a beautiful view of Lake Wanaka. Most of all we enjoyed our main course of squid, with eggplant and broccoli -beautifully cooked and presented.

6  Thank Aussie_traveller097