“Satisfied as...”

Price range: US$6 - US$23
Cuisines: Contemporary, New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Trout's prime location on the lake front of Wanaka provides it with fantastic views. We have great food,coffee and drinks whether you are just after a snack or a main meal. We have 6 Monteiths beers, Heineken & Erdinger on tap as well as a wide range of local wines.
Reviewed 25 April 2018

So Happy to get a table last night as it was almost full. The Busy kitchen didn't leave us waiting. Every staff member was nice. I was super happy the girl serving my Tap beer because she was happy to let me taste some of the great selection, till I found the one I liked best. Toma Hawk, by Tuatara a New Zealand Company (American Pale ale). So nice I had more than one. Perfect atmosphere, ambient lighting & music at a volume I could hear my husband speak. Even though he probably would prefer not to hear me.
my Fish Pie was fantastic.
Puff pastry top filled with prawns, cod, salmon, hoki, roasted cherry tomato, truffle oil, accompanied with pomme puree.
I also enjoyed the Quirky uniform. Simple as, Black head to toe including a t-shirt slogan. Trout as. Possibly not everybody would understand this little joke, all the same, it tickled me.

1  Thank Dannielle C

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I came here after several restaurants were full. We did not settle for second best. We both had crispy salmon with bok choy, beans and broccoli in a sweet soy sauce.
I found the dish to be mouth watering and absolutely delicious. The serving is a little on the small size and I ordered baked potatoes.
We were hosted by Katie, a sweet young girl from my birth country the Czech Republic.
Highly recommended.

1  Thank tomranda
Ggraeme, Owner at Trout Cafe Restaurant Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Katie is awesome isnt she?! Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The outdoor area is really good. A great place to view the scenery and watch the world go by. Friendly service. We both chose the special of Fish & Chips which was really quite inexpensive considering the location on the lakefront

1  Thank DavidGA986
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Visited Trout last Thusday evening.
My wife had the open fish pie and I had the battered fish. Both meals were delicious. Best fish I have had in years. Staff were friendly and attentive. Comfortable and spacious surroundings and pleasant decor. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Richard56578588
Reviewed 27 March 2018

It was another rainy day in Wanaka and we stopped in for lunch. The fish and chips were cooked to perfection. The venue is large and warm with large windows overlooking the lake. Few other patrons meant there was no loud talking but the music was a little loud for comfortable conversation.

1  Thank Alan C