Palm Spring Hotel(Bartica)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$229
US$206
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsswim up barstaff were very friendlyservice was excellentwaterfalltranquilitycheftouristparadisegeorgetownrivermiddle
Reviewed 16 October 2017

We spend a few hours at Aruwai on our Essequibo River tour. the facilities are pretty nice, when considering how remote the location is. Unfortunately the service is pretty substandard and slow. When you consider the pricing for drinks it's downright insulting. It took us over and hour to get a grilled cheese sandwich that was ordered.

In terms of facilities there is a pool, kayaking, jet skis, a game room etc. None of the activities on the water could be done though because the life guard wasn't to be found.

If you remove the poor service it's a pretty nice place to go an relax. If they could improve their service I would have no issue recommending them, however at this point I would only give a rating of 1.

Room Tip: great views
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

My cousin and I went for the night and we had the whole resort for ourselves. We had an amazing time. Very peaceful, relaxing and a visit to the falls was wonderful and relaxing. I was hoping to eat salty fish and bake, it was on the menu,but they told me it was not available. The service was excellent. Getting to the resort is pricey- 4000gy$. Yes! I will visit again. Love the tranquility.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank indiisingh
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

It was my first time visit and I was impressed, the food was good, the service was excellent! It is very relaxing and a nice place for a weekend getaway or even a family vacation...Do try their calamari!

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My husband and I went for of anniversary and stay in the presidential suite. It was magical.. we went on a Monday after most of the weekend guest had left so we practically had the whole place to ourselves!!.. The staff was very attentive. the room and grounds were clean and well kept. the views were amazing.. the White water falls was serene!
We had fun,breakfast in bed, cocktails in the Jacuzzi.. breakfast under the palms.. Dinner on the beach..

Room Tip: the Presidential suite is worth it..
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Lovely 1 days visit. Top class facilities, great food, drinks and service. Highly recommend. Mini zoo on site. Plan to stay over when visit again. Reasonable price in total around $55 including transportation and resort fee. Great for a small or large group.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family