See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We've been to Corn Island before but this was the first time at Martha's and we'll definitely stay there again. The facility has 8 rooms, is very well maintained and clean, and is half the price of some other places you could stay on the same beach. Breakfast is included and while the staff definitely has a laid back attitude, they are all very friendly and helpful - it's island life. and on vacation, who really needs to go at the same speed as real life? To that end, there is free wifi but as everywhere on the island, it is sketchy at best. Be warned, Martha doesn't take cards anymore so you need to go with cash. Their restaurant right on the beach is open until 2pm; they don't serve dinner. Hands down the best beach for swimming and families.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Nicaonions
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Martha's sits on the nicest beach on Big Corn and is a quaint enough little place. However we did not have a good experience at all.. We took a small room with our family to wait for a bigger one to open up the next day, which is fine. But our shower did not work at all! They didn't know when/if it could be fixed, which meant showering a screaming toddler in the cold outdoor shower. Showers break, it happens, we are understanding of that. However what literally shocked us is the absolute unwavering demand that we still pay full price for the room, even though the shower still didn't work! In fact when we agreed on the place they said breakfast was included, as we are all there and they know it's two kids as well, but the next morning they wanted to charge $6 each per child for breakfast. That combination left us rather angry, so we changed accommodation in the midst of a torrential downpour. The location and property are fine, but the way the broken shower and breakfast were handled were almost unbelievable! Very disappointed.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank 149daven
Reviewed 25 August 2015

It's been almost a year and a half since we have been to Martha's Bed and Breakfast… I will tell you, hands down, best place on the island to stay. Martha is beyond kind and the service is impeccable. Ellery is hilarious and the people that don't understand his "tell it like it is" attitude should take a hike. We spent a month in Nicaragua and changed our entire itinerary to stay as long as possible @ Martha's. They have the most wonderful fishing guide; he truly was thoughtful, knowledgable, and giving. I can honestly say we spent two weeks, attending local baseball games, loving life, and drinking ice cold ToÑa! Also, if on Big Corn Island a MUST is La Princesa de la Isla!! I know Italian food in Nicaragua is strange but better than most of the restaurants I ate at in Florence. I feel bad that I'm giving up the biggest secret on the island but if you go to Corn Island and don't go here… FOR SHAME!!!

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ryan S
Reviewed 20 August 2015

We were personally greeted upon our arrival by Ellery. Martha and Ellery were very kind and responded to any questions about the island. Hot water and comfortable beds! Our breakfast and the lobster lunch was delicious! I highly recommend staying here with a view of the best beach on the island. Thanks Martha and Ellery we will be back!

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2015

I was surprised by this little B&B! I stayed at Martha's with 3 friends for 2 nights. We had a room with 1 double bed and one twin, with an attached bathroom. I was pleasantly surprised to see that we had a AC unit that worked great, and hot showers every day (apparently not always the norm on the island). The location is on a beautiful beach and within walking distance of other places to eat. The breakfast that is included consisted of a generous fruit bowl and juice/coffee, plus your choice of something like pancakes, an omelet, etc. They would get fresh coconuts from the trees during the day, and cut the top off and put a straw in it so we could have fresh coconut water. Delicious! The one downside was that they quit serving food at 1 PM when we were there. But, like I said, there are other places nearby. I had an early flight the day I left, and they were nice enough to give me a ride to the airport.

Date of stay: July 2015