1,623 results
All reviews castlereagh bungalow garden suite sri lanka stayed nights our honeymoon sea plane master suite infinity pool factory tour worth every penny walking trails pre dinner drinks overlooking the lake scones each morning each meal croquet lawn
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 September 2020 via mobile

To visit Tea trails has been on my bucket list for many years and we finally did it last weekend! What an amazing place and what lovely people. The bungalows, the landscape, the service and the food were all beyond exceptional.
A special thank you to Dushan at reservations who helped me with the booking and got us a super suite at Dunkled. We highly recommend the Dunkled Bungalow :)
A huge huge thank you to Chandrasooriya & Nilantha who went out of there way to make sure we had everything we needed. They were always with a smile and always so obliging.
Also a special thank you to Susil who drove us to Norwood for High tea and took us on the factory tour. He was very considerate and kept stopping for us to take pics etc. Also Umesh at Norwood for his service at high tea in Norwood. He was very friendly and made sure i got my Scones!
The Tea factory tour with Mr Bernad Holsinger was exceptional! We have been on many tea factory tours before but his by far was the best and most informative. He also had a super sense of humour. It was just the 2 of us on tour that day but he went through the entire program and much more :) He is amazing!

Overall we LOVED it!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank SharmilaJay
Reviewed 27 August 2020 via mobile

This place is truly magical and by far the best hotel/resort in Sri Lanka. The bungalows are outstanding. We stayed at owners cottage and we loved every bit of it. The hotel has experiences in every corner and builds memories for life! I can't begin to explain how great it is.

Our butler Sanjaya and the team of Mohan and a few others went above and beyond to ensure every need of ours are met. I once mentioned how I wanted a picnic for my children. And they worked and surprised us with the best picnic ever. Felt like I was in Disneyland. They truly care for you and go all out.

The food is outstanding and everything is well presented. I can go on and on about how amazing this property is but I will encourage everyone to visit this place! I myself can't wait for my next trip!

Thank you for the amazing experience and all the happiness

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2020

We were here last couple of days. It was a dream trip. The hospitality and the warmth was impeccable. We stayed at the Norwood Bungalow. Mr. Nilantha and his team including the Chef Gayan and Singh were looking after us like it was own home.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2020

Where do I begin....

Tea Trails has been on Our list of must visit hotels in SL for awhile and boy am I glad we did visit.

Nestled in the Bogawantalawa estate are 5 bungalows and a cottage with fabulous food, service, views and staff. Everything you need during a holiday! Each Bungalow sports its own charm, there's a different view and landscape to them all teamed with some brilliant staff.

We had the privilege of visiting all of them and stayed in the Owner's Cottage which is by far our favorite! The owners cottage is perfect for a couple. Extremely private, perched on a higher elevation from the Dunkeld Bungalow with a fabulous view of the lake as well as the tea plantation. You have your own heated Jacuzzi (this was my fav), a large bedroom and walk in closet, living and dining space, a master en suite bathroom with two tubs and an outdoor Veranda.

With so much to do we had a packed three night stay ending our day with an amazing massage which is also included in their fully inclusive price. Given our stays in their other properties I think this one has been the most value for money, breathtaking in terms of your surrounding and so much more fun! You MUST try the Planters Lunch perched in a beautiful little hut with the best view you could imagine.

If you've been contemplating the visit.... DON'T! Its a trip you'll never forget

Room tip: I would definitely recommend the Owners Cottage for Couples or a family with little kids
Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank Jacqueline D
Reviewed 14 July 2020 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for three nights in the Castlereigh Bungalow for our first post-lockdown holiday. This was our sixth stay in a Resendent Ceylon property, but our first time to Tea Trails. It was one of the best hospitality experiences we have ever had - on par and even exceeding the best international standards. All safety precautions were also taken from pickup to drop, with our temperature taken thrice daily, sanitizers and mask use by the staff, and plenty of social distancing.

Our personal butler, Sanath, made sure his team provided us with everything we needed. The rooms were large and comfortable, food was devious and made to order, and the amenities really allowed us to relax. Chamila and Dhanushka took us on a hike and kayaking respectively. Both were very knowledgeable naturalists.

Be sure to get a tour of the Dunkeld Tea Factory from Bernard. He gave a truly informative tour. Also, ask for the Planter's Lunch.

We visited all the bungalows except for Summerville. Castlereigh is probably the best overall, with the most light and best lake view. Tiensin has no lake view but the rooms and gardens are magical. Dunkeld and Norwood were not to our tastes but were otherwise amazing properties.

Date of stay: July 2020